Body Style:
5-door sedan
Engines: 4.9L V8, 5.6L V8
Power: 299-310 hp
Torque: 395 lb-ft
Weight: 1412 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual, 4-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear-wheel drive
Additional Information: The Director was the Last HDT Commodore ever sold as a factory Holden. Creator and Touring Car legend Peter Brock sold the car with an ''Energy Polarizer" in the engine bay which is essentially a little box with crystals inside that he claimed made the car drive cleaner and smoother. Holden who actually tested his claim and failed to get any evidence of this rejected the idea and pulled support for HDT the day this was released to the public. 12 were made before this and are the only remaining vehicles left. This is the most collectable Holden Commodore on the market today with values exceeding $300,000.​

director_1000.jpg

Holden-Director-with-Peter-Brock.jpg

phpThumb_generated_thumbnail.jpeg

1988-holden-hdt-vl-commodore-brock-director-sedan.jpg

Energy Polarizer:

DSC_0003a-1.jpg
N1307.jpg

Polarizerinside010.jpg

A car made exceptionally rare by a guy who lost his mind and the brand pulling support for the car, SZ

Looks like an old Commodore with a cheap bodykit.
And those Polarizer Crystals. Make it so different from a regular Commodore with an Upgraded Engine.

Seriously Uncool.

Has pseudoscience gone too far?

Ludicrous money for a clown car with or without Brock's little mystery box knocking about under the bonnet.

Seriously Uncool.

The rarest Holden Commodore, and quite possibly the rarest car ever produced by an Australian manufacturer. Cool

Group A SS ans SV are far superior to me for one, I saw HSV as the true Holden performance wing of the manufacture and just saw this as a tuner special for a big Australian racer that got to call shots for a line of his own cars, due to being a multiple champion/bathurst winner.

Group A SS ans SV are far superior to me for one, I saw HSV as the true Holden performance wing of the manufacture and just saw this as a tuner special for a big Australian racer that got to call shots for a line of his own cars, due to being a multiple champion/bathurst winner.
The same guy that made this, also made those 2 cars you mentioned.

All 3 are factory Holdens, made under HDT.

The same guy that made this, also made those 2 cars you mentioned.

All 3 are factory Holdens, made under HDT.

HSV as far as I was aware decided to not take design cues fully from Brock at some point, and it's not because of mystical rocks alone. Which is part of the big falling out they had and his switch to BMW. HSV was brought about because of the HDT dropping. Now as far as I know the SV were HSV models, not Brock models the SS was a Brock model I believe so I was wrong on that one.

The SV is related to fellow racing driver Perkins, not Brock.

Yes your right the SV was the HSV, but both where factory Holden tuners, HSV was just the New group Holden formed with Grice and Perkins that came in after HDT was dropped because of this car, Both where in charge of making the Homolgation specials like the SS Group A, the SV group A was the one HSV made after HDT was dropped.

Holden didn't want to be involved with the polarizer and Brock had been putting in them cars for awhile, that was atleast what I'm aware of the main issue was.

Yes your right the SV was the HSV, but both where factory Holden tuners, HSV was just the New group Holden formed with Grice and Perkins that came in after HDT was dropped because of this car, Both where in charge of making the Homolgation specials like the SS Group A, the SV group A was the one HSV made after HDT was dropped.

Holden didn't want to be involved with the polarizer and Brock had been putting in them cars for awhile, that was atleast what I'm aware of the main issue was.

That's not the point, HSV =/= HDT. I always appreciated the HSV efforts because it didn't come with the personal gimmick of being a representation of Brock. Rather an engineering effort to make performance cars that allowed it's buyers to purchase something that was representational of the race cars.

My point is I find the HSVs cooler due to better design queues and great performance without the massive gimmick. Also another part of the story I had read some time ago, was that the independence HDT seemed to be carving at was another sticking point for Holden, this was just an issue that ultimately broke the camel's back.

That's not the point, HSV =/= HDT. I always appreciated the HSV efforts because it didn't come with the personal gimmick of being a representation of Brock. Rather an engineering effort to make performance cars that allowed it's buyers to purchase something that was representational of the race cars.

My point is I find the HSVs cooler due to better design queues and great performance without the massive gimmick. Also another part of the story I had read some time ago, was that the independence HDT seemed to be carving at was another sticking point for Holden, this was just an issue that ultimately broke the camel's back.
I never said they where the same thing, but fact is HDT was a race team and a tuner that sold Homologation specials, to ignore this isn't based on reality.

This car was also the first Commodore to be sold with IRS, so it can't be all gimmicky.

I never said they where the same thing, but fact is HDT was a race team and a tuner that sold Homologation specials, to ignore this isn't based on reality.

Who ignored it? I never brought it up not being one, you clearly misunderstood my comment. Which I just reiterated in the comment before this.

Who ignored it? I never brought it up not being one, you clearly misunderstood my comment. Which I just reiterated in the comment before this.
You said:
appreciated the HSV efforts because it didn't come with the personal gimmick of being a representation of Brock. Rather an engineering effort to make performance cars that allowed it's buyers to purchase something that was representational of the race cars.

Gimmick or not they where based on race cars, both where in charge of making the Homologation cars required to go racing in their time as the Official Holden performance arm.

You said:

Gimmick or not they where based on race cars, both where in charge of making the Homologation cars required to go racing in their time as the Official Holden performance arm.

As I said you clearly didn't understand my comment.

My point is that I appreciate HSV because the car is not so easily related to anyone man, it's a representation of Australian Racing under Holden. HDT always to me represented Brock and his lineage as a hero driver under Holden. To me the sale point was always more about Brock and less about Holden Racing, which I saw a bit as a gimmick.

None of this however undermines or has anything to do with both being the racing homologation effort for Holden, that's not something I argued ever or claimed one wasn't, rather you read it as such. So hopefully this clears it up for you.

As I said you clearly didn't understand my comment.

My point is that I appreciate HSV because the car is not so easily related to anyone man, it's a representation of Australian Racing under Holden. HDT always to me represented Brock and his lineage as a hero driver under Holden. To me the sale point was always more about Brock and less about Holden Racing, which I saw a bit as a gimmick.

None of this however undermines or has anything to do with both being the racing homologation effort for Holden, that's not something I argued ever or claimed one wasn't, rather you read it as such. So hopefully this clears it up for you.

I feel that you could've almost sold HDT cars as Holdens but with a cheesy name like 'Peter Brock Edition', and it would ring pretty much as true.

How ever much I want to hate this, I just can't. Arrrghhh... the most painful Cool ever.

If something about the car makes me say "What even..." that's generally a bad sign.

"Energy Polarizer" Crystals? The car looks like crap already, now you're selling it with scientology-esque claims as well?

Uncool. Seriously.

New age tripe utterly destroys any credibility this car might have had for being a vague Q-car before you get to the extremely low production figure.

Seriously Uncool

Back