Body Styles: 3-door hatchback
Additional Info: "1000 were built"​
ebay-shelby-charger.jpg

Sorted-Mopar-30.jpg
'87_Shelby_GLHS_(Centropolis_Laval_'10).jpg

22635030015_large.jpg

38425d1292469098-1987-dodge-shelby-charger-glhs-10-4626693815_ae223aed0c.jpg

ebay-shelby-charger013.jpg

Recognized one for the first time about 9 years ago in the Hartford area. The guy put a ton of time into it and was extremely fast. Actually strike that it was a monster.

I believe it is a love it or hate it car, but witnessing it drive is why a SZ comes from me. I also dig the sort of Mad Max styling quite a bit. Like I said though it is a love it or hate it car. :-)

The styling is questionable. The Shelbyness adds coolness. The rarity adds coolness. Driving one over here would turn some heads.

Low cool.

80's fugly. Uncool, saved from SU because in it's day it was probably considered quite quick.

It is not pretty, that much can be said. Tradional '80's styling that nearly sends it into SU land. However, it was pretty quick for its era, thanks to the great effort of Mr. Shelby, not to mention that it has a fitting name. It is like the GLH, except it goes even faster.

It is a Cool for me, probably one of the most desirable of the 80's Dodge Chargers.

The Omni GLHS had a whiff of coolness about it. And the same engine.

This looks more like a full-hearted attempt to make a Charger look like a cheaply modded Manta B. Seriously uncool.

Last edited:
The Omni GLH was cool, because it was at least straightforward enough that the changes made to it by Shelby made it look kind of menacing, like the contemporary Grand National. The CSX was too.

The Charger was never, ever, ever cool, even if the earlier Shelby Chargers were amusing.

Last edited:
Uncool, because its a Shelby Mopar. Shelby saves it from seriously uncool.

What an ugly and cheap looking car.

Seriously uncool.

Father owns one and I think it's the coolest little thing. Even though I've never seen it move... only know legendary torque-steer filled stories.

I'm guessing he's referring to this.
shelby-mustang-033-1.jpg
There's a heck of a lot more than an air filter and grill on that car. $15,000 more? I don't know about that. But if that car in the picture is the one in question, I see hood, wheels, suspension, paint (mostly decals), cosmetic add-ons, and brakes are not stock, plus more we can't see I'm sure.

It looks like a deal that both shelby and the car came out looking worse after making it.

Seriously uncool.

Latest Posts

Back