• Poll closed .
United States
Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
1988-1995 Hyundai Scoupe nominated by @Dennisch
440px-Hyundai_SCoupe_front_20070926.jpg

Engines:
1.5L I4 (Mitsubishi), 1.5L I4 (Hyundai), 1.5L Turbo I4 (Hyundai)
Power: Mitsubishi: 81 hp; Hyundai NA: 92 hp; Hyundai Turbo: 115 hp
Torque: Mitsubishi: 97 lb-ft.; Hyundai NA: 92 lb-ft.; Hyundai Turbo: 123 lb-ft.
Weight: 987 kg
Transmission: 4-speed automatic, 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, front wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe
Additional Info: "It has Lotus tuned suspension on the base and LS models. The GT has slightly firmer strut valving.

The Scoupe was the first production application for Garrett Automotive Products' T15 turbocharger.

1993 gave the car a face-lift, including the current Hyundai "H" logo."​
Hyundai_SCoupe_rear_20070926.jpg

0296123-Hyundai-SCoupe-1.5i-GTX-1990.jpg

HYUNDAIScoupe-3202_2.jpg

Ugly and underpowered.

Seriously uncool.

And why are all the GTP Cool Wall cars seriously uncool lately?

Seriously uncool. Cool car is something that I typically don't say when thinking about vehicles from Korea. Plus it's from the worst Korea, not the best Korea.

Uncool, it looks nice but the name is terrible.

I agree, the name is rather unfortunate. But the car looks nice enough, I've seen worse from Korean cars. Of course, it's not really the sportiest of coupes, a bit of a Korean Toyota Paseo. It's not really that quick or anything like that, but the car itself is rather unoffensive. And it was the first car to have a T15 turbocharger, which probably makes it somewhat important (or then again, maybe not, but that's for others to judge). I would like to see the Hyundai of 2015 make a car such as this, it would be interesting to see what would it become with a proper mindset...

Uncool.

Terrible name, generic econobox, death trap, underpowered. The only thing saving this thing from SU is the Lotus tuned suspension, so Uncool it is.

Meh. Awful name and is kinda underpowered (Only 115HP from a 1.5 Turbo) but it looks rather nice.

Not as bad as most people think it is.

Of course, since most people think it's completely execrable, that leaves a lot of room for milder forms of badness.

Mere uncool.

Very unscool, bordering on seriously. It is very interesting to look at this and compare it to the 'sports coupes' they've made since. Hyundai have evolved into a very respected and popular manufacturer and the current Genesis is a very desirable car.

Which makes this an early step on the ladder. An important step on the path to where they are now. However, nobody wants to hear about that time Sir Edmund Hillary ventured to the shops for bread and likewise, nobody wants to be told how your Scoupe was an important learning exercise for a company who'd build good cars 20 years later.

So yea, unscool it is.

I'm not sure whether this blandmobile or the... thing they replaced it with is worse.

The Tiburon? Uhhh that was one of Hoon-dai's first good cars so I'd safely say this is worse.

EDIT: NOPE, remembered the first Coupe now. Nope, definitely the Coupe is worse.

Meh. I'm sure it's not a good car by most metrics, but this is not a "good wall" and I can't point out anything offensive about it. In fact, the facelifted version looks rather nice, with shades of the 323.

Last edited:
I just... don't even want to bother saying how utterly terrible this car is. Seriously Uncool

Latest Posts

Back