7897890018_large.jpg

Body Style: 3-door hatchback
Engine: 3.0L V6 (SHO)
Power: 200 hp
Torque: 200 ft-lbs
Weight: 1050 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Mid-engine, rear wheel drive
Additional Information: An engine taken from the large Taurus sedan shoved in the back of the tiny Festiva. While the plan was to sell 250 units, They only built 7 of these.​

index.php
index.php
shogun1.jpg

Shogun_Shogun_1991_leftpro.jpg

Untitled.png

I'm amazed they managed to build 7, but I want one. That V6 with what essentially would be open headers? Jesus.

Last edited:
An otherwise sublime subcompact ruined by a rather tacky bodykit. Fortunately, its power can prove it's not all-show-no-go. Seeing that it's a Taurus engine and I find engine swaps uncool, SU it is.

It may look like glorified home hack job. But I still want it. Jay Leno bought one, and had a nitrous kit installed if I am remembering correct.

A very seriously uncool car recieves a very cool treatment with a seriously uncool body kit. A bad rip off of a MG Metro 6R4. Uncool.

Still want one though

Cool because it's a silly idea that holds serious ground.

They took an engine from the SHO - the car which would become a massive sleeper - and shoved it in a car weighing 2300 pounds.

While the looks are...polarizing, I like it.

A very peculiar car this is. Mid-engined subcompact hatchback that is lightweight and makes great power and torque is a recipe for coolness.

This thing is insanely awesome and I want it in all the racing games!

But at the end of the day, it's still a Festiva. SU

Another factory rice built car. Well at least the engine prevents this car from becoming SU.

Uncool.

I don't see how this is factory rice.

First of all it's widened so it can fit tyres suitable to the performance and it has a side intake so the engine doesn't overheat because it's behind the seats.

Not only that but it also requires a front splitter so it doesn't wheel hop given the power, the weight distribution and how short the wheelbase is.

Whilst it looks comical it isn't rice.

I love mid engined hatchbacks but I don't know about this one, the fact they managed to keep the weight low unlike the Clio V6 though makes me angle it as a low cool.

I don't see how this is factory rice.

First of all it's widened so it can fit tyres suitable to the performance and it has a side intake so the engine doesn't overheat because it's behind the seats.

Not only that but it also requires a front splitter so it doesn't wheel hop given the power, the weight distribution and how short the wheelbase is.

Whilst it looks comical it isn't rice.

I love mid engined hatchbacks but I don't know about this one, the fact they managed to keep the weight low unlike the Clio V6 though makes me angle it as a low cool.
The front and rear fenders must've made me think that the Festiva is a factory rice car. Not to mention the exhausts are in the center.

I feel like that backyard bodykit has been seen on various jdms. I guess the shogun name is fitting, I've never heard of this car before.

Saw one in person, I'll have to get more shots if it shows up at the Denver Concours again next year. Personally I think it's subzero. But the general public is going to see it as a Festiva tricked out by a hardcore F&F fanatic, and for that it's uncool.

14400914635_76c8aaacb0_b.jpg

I've seen uglier hatches like this one and the FR200 is a main example. Here, turned a bland boring Festiva into something special alright. Only 7, which is very sad.

Due to that, get's a Cool. If more existed, easy SZ.

Saw one in person, I'll have to get more shots if it shows up at the Denver Concours again next year. Personally I think it's subzero. But the general public is going to see it as a Festiva tricked out by a hardcore F&F fanatic, and for that it's uncool.

14400914635_76c8aaacb0_b.jpg
it's better than that Crossfire monstrosity besides it

Back