2-door coupe
Engine: 3.0L V6
Power: 210 hp
Torque: 181 lb-ft
Weight: 1256 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear wheel drive
Additional Information:
Mechanically and engine-wise, the car was based on the Alfa Romeo 75, production being carried out by Zagato at Terrazzano di Rho near the Alfa factory in Arese. The thermoplastic injection moulded composite body panels were produced by Italian company Carplast and French company Stratime Cappelo Systems.

The suspension was taken from the Alfa 75 group A/IMSA car, and modified by Giorgio Pianta, engineer and team manager of the Lancia and Fiat rally works team.

1036 examples built, with all but one in red on tan with a grey roof.​

alfa-romeo-sz-c441514062014180055_3.jpg

alfa_romeo_s.z._trophy_1.jpg
AlfaRomeoSZ_04.jpg
alfa-romeo-sz_silver_10.jpg

I really want to say the car is pretty. I really do. But it looks like a tumor that grew in a box. Uncool.

Hey, don't look at me, I just voted as the car badge told me to.

It's an ugly little thing, but oddly appealing. I feel like curiosity would win out over disgust, and the noise it makes surely helps.

As much as I love Alfa Romeos, I just can't get over how ugly this thing is, at least in my eyes. It seems to be a polarizing car, though. Some love it, others hate it. With that in mind, it gets a solid uncool.

I couldn't give it a cool because of the awkward proportions, and I couldn't give it an uncool because it's a pretty solid car, so I settled with meh. As long as your looking out from the inside, everything's more than fine with the V6 and decently light weight.

I hate this so much. It's just looks terrible. Especially that window line. From the side the car is like 80% door. It's kinda DUBish.

Brutal looking in the flesh. Awkward looking in pictures - like everything Zagato. I totally understand why people would just see them as ugly, but to me they've always been wonderfully cool. SZ.

Back