Weight: 1370 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Mid engine, rear-wheel drive​

ferrari-348-tb-[2018].jpg
117805_Side_Profile_Web.jpg

b-52.jpg
blue-ferrari-348.jpg
ferrari-348-ts-tb-spider-xp1040377scb.jpg

It's a bad ferrari. It doesn't even look very good. Thank god they fixed the 348's flaws with the 355.

Uncool.

Pretty enough compared to more modern ferraris. But it's still a Ferrari, and suffers from the same negative image as the rest of their products.

SU

Even though out-classed in every way by the 355, still a cool car.

I'm amazed their value is starting to climb again. Same price as 9-year newer F355 Spider in a few cases.

It's not a 308 but then again, what else is?
It's not a 355 but then again, what else is?

But Pininfarina are just the best.

Definitely Cool

Go ahead and vote and contribute to the conversation! Being the nominating member does not in any way exclude you from voting or talking about the car.

In my opinion, it's cool. The only thing that kills a sub 0 for me is... It's a bit slow. I mean... 320 hp? But hey, a manual V8 Ferrari, I'll take it.

I don't understand the criticism of this car.
Hentry Catchpole - EVO Magazine
the simple, unairbagged, Momo Corse wheel is coming alive in my hands. It literally starts wriggling around, talking excitedly about all the bumps in the road and sometimes making a bigger gesture as a camber attracts its attention. Despite the lack of assistance and the wheel’s relatively small diameter, it’s not heavy in any way, there’s just perfect weight and no slack to add to the constant communication. The 348, if I’m honest, was probably the car I was least excited about driving, assuming it would just be a poorer, slower first stab at the 355. But now I’m excited because it’s instantly obvious this car has some of the best steering, possibly the best, that I have ever sat behind.
Metcalfe, who has a bit of a ‘moment’ in the 348 later on, hits the nail on the head: ‘It’s like a mid-engined Peugeot 205 GTI; exciting when it’s going well but capable of delivering a heart-in-mouth moment should you dare hesitate when entering a corner a little too fast.’ I can certainly understand why road testers at the time were unnerved by it, particularly in the wet.

Sounds alright to me...

A Ferrari that leaves me with almost no opinion whatsoever, which is odd as they generally polarise me.

Meh.

It sounds like a lot of the criticism pointed at it at the time was due to it's on-the-limit handling characteristics. Modern rubber probably solves that.
I'm pretty sure it isn't that, since the quote is from a review in 2015 that compares every V8 Ferrari from the 308 to the 458.

The 348 would have been great if it had debuted just 3 years earlier imo. With Japan, and USA Coming out swinging during the early '90s power renaissance it seemed just a little anemic for the asking price.

The years have been kind though, seriously uncool brand new, cool today.

Back