• Poll closed .
United States
Wasilla, AK
1989 Peugeot Oxia Concept nominated by Leonidae@MFT

ku-xlarge.jpg

Stats:
Production: 1989
Style: 2-door coupe
Engine: 174 ci/2,849 cc twin turbocharged DOHC V6 (rated 680 HP & 535.5 lb-ft)
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Layout: Mid-engine, All-wheel-drive​

My take? Seems pretty cool, possibly even sub zero. (inb4 concept car therefore uncool - note that this was apparently a runner, as it was verified to be capable of 217 MPH)

One question though. What is that between the cargo lid and the windshield? Solar panels? I honestly don't know what else it could be.

Last edited:
Too bad they didn't continue to power the A/C when the car was moving, so you could keep it on without it sucking up horsepower (and gas). I make a point of never, ever using A/C unless I absolutely can't help it for some reason, no matter how hot it is outside.

This thing was cool because when viewed from behind it looked pretty amazng, yet you got to the front and was greeter by this:

peugeot405kb3.jpg

It looked exaclty like a freaking 405. Then you loled.

I've always liked this thing.

Even supercar credentials can't pull this out of uncool. It's still a Peugeot.

A cutting-edge concept that looks like the 405 "final form" thanks to the Peugeot family styling. Oddly appealing in a way.

Many of Peugeot's later concepts are among my all-time favourite vehicle design exercises, and this 80s twin-turbo beast is one of them. Except for the interior looking like an 80s Adidas running shoe.

Adidas-Originals-Marathon-88.jpg

oxia_1988_133-560px.jpg

Given it a cool regardless.

DK
I kinda like that shoe. :guilty:

They're not bad for running shoes. But what might look fine on someone's feet may not look anywhere near as nice inside a Peugeot. :P

Last edited:
Sub zero.. And definitely Mid-Engined layout. This was back when Peugeot had balls to make crazy cars. This was made with same idea as 205 T16 and 405 T16..

It's French and has an X in its name, which is cool, and so are those solar panels, but that's about it. Uncool.

Concept cars are never cool but this is the coolest concept car there is maybe (The HSR-II is a close contender though personally) so therefore it gets bumped up to just meh. But a great meh at that.

Too bad they didn't continue to power the A/C when the car was moving, so you could keep it on without it sucking up horsepower (and gas). I make a point of never, ever using A/C unless I absolutely can't help it for some reason, no matter how hot it is outside.
I bet girls riding in the car really enjoy that.

This is very, very cool. Not quite Sub zero though...something about it just looks off. Probably how short the front end looks.

I gave it Cool because I've only read bits on it before this and don't know much about it or remember much but I always thought it was pretty cool.

Sub Zero. Look at it as though you're in 1989.

If I do that, it will want name this Uncool. (Said by someone born in 1991.)

Looking at in almost 2014, taking the time into account, Cool. (Although, its still a concept.)

Though, I have a sneaking suspicion that the possibility for production was canned in favor of WSCC participation.

I voted "cool", just about bordering on sub-zero.

I'm just thinking, if it ever made it to production it would look quite strange in a Peugeot dealership, though. :lol:

Cool, not Sub-Zero because of that interior, but I personally don't think it looks like a kit car, like some have said. I've always liked Peugeots, I don't know why, it's not like I've ever driven one, or been in one- hell, I've never even seen one in person.

Just another case of Peugeot saying "Look at all the crazy things we could make! But what the world really wants is another average hatchback."

I like the numbers and the tech, but Peugeot have been tantalising people with this sort of thing for too long for any Peugeot concept to ever be cool. Plus from the front it looks like an elephant sat on a 405.

1989%20Peugeot%20Oxia%20Concept_1.jpg

Uncool.

Back