1990-1993 Mitsubishi GTO / 3000GT nominated by @GTracerEHTeam

r1shcgdo4xfnwoh2xtrl.jpg

Body Style: 2-door coupe
Engine: 3.0L V6 12v SOHC, 3.0L V6 24v DOHC, 3.0L V6 24v DOHC Twin Turbo
Power: 160 hp, 220 hp, 276 hp, 296 hp
Torque: 184 lb-ft, 201 lb-ft, 315 lb-ft, 306 lb-ft
Weight: 1400-1750 kg
Transmission: 4-speed automatic, 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engine, front wheel drive (base), four wheel drive (VR-4)
Additional Information: Came with 4 wheel steering, Active Aero, Electronic suspension, and 2 different exhaust modes as highlight features.​

5750_86c1a8eb55_low_res.jpg
Mitsubishi 3000GT (4).jpg
5762_622140b044_low_res.jpg
DSC_3886.jpg
Mitsubishi-GTO-1990-04.jpg

I enjoy the look. Solid cool but I cannot give it sub-zero. Close though.

The future looks bleak for Mitsubishi but this is definitely one of the cars the brand will be remembered for. Cool.

Reactions: VXR
Japanese sports car that isn't overstated and very rarely riced. I always smile when I see these on the road. Not as much of a smile for its Dodge-badged cousin, but still a smile nonetheless.

Cool.

384ee697-1b73-4901-a134-dde497045161.1.10

But more pressingly, the main problem (though admittedly not as much of a problem with this particular set of years as it was with the Stealth of the same years) is that for every rip snorting immaculate VR4 turbo, there are probably 3 blue smoke spewing claptrap glorified Diamantes that even when new were writing checks that a 220 horsepower FWD car that still weighed 3200 pounds couldn't hope to cash.

It could've been a properly compent sports coupe if it wasn't so heavy (1750kg WTF?). The presence of around 28 versions in Gran Turismo drag it down to Uncool.

I quite like this car, it's a cool because of pretty much everything, but those pop up headlights? SZ

It could've been a properly compent sports coupe if it wasn't so heavy (1750kg WTF?). The presence of around 28 versions in Gran Turismo drag it down to Uncool.

Actually this version isn't in GT, its successors however...

Ermm..

Property description
Newly built house (rarely used). Master bedroom with walk in closet.
Princess bedroom with single bed and boys bedroom with a double bed.
1 1/2 baths
Downstairs sofa bed and futon with additional sleeping capacity.
1 car garage and 3 car driveway.
Large front yard.
Located on the main road inside Saw Creek Estates (Decker Road) near the front gate to the community.
Walking distance to VIP outdoor pool, tennis courts, basket ball courts, baseball field and children's playgrounds.
Saw Creek Estates offers many amenities which are free to our guests. Indoor and outdoor pools, indoor and outdoor tennis courts, a fitness center, private lake with paddle boats, hot tub, and a ski hill are just some of the many activities that await you. Saw Creek Estates is also the home of 'Top of the World' which includes a restaurant and sports bar.

Located within a short drive from Decker Road are many attractions and activities to enrich your vacation. Upon arriving, our guests will find informational brochures on many of the local attraction, such as: Bushkill Falls, Shawnee Ski Resort, Camel Back Ski Resort and Water Park, Shawnee Playhouse, The Crossings Outlets, Route 209 Flea Market, Caesar's Palace, Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, Historic Milford, McDade Recreational Trail and the Indian Museum just to name a few.

Am I missing something?

Am I missing something?
Yes.

It could've been a properly compent sports coupe if it wasn't so heavy (1750kg WTF?)
A result of its lineage/development. They took a Diamante and chopped ten inches out of the middle bits, then loaded it up with all of the chassis stiffening, state of the art technological doodads and advanced engine design ideas they could to offset how they essentially designed their ultramodern looking racy sports coupe by taking a full sized sedan and chopping ten inches out of the middle bits.

Then I'm assuming they lined the entire chassis with lead weights, because even when they began putting the car on a crash diet to try and get some people to afford it it still didn't get any lighter; to say nothing of how much heavier it was than the Diamante they started with. Still, the first version is the only one I can say ekes out a cool.

Last edited:
Decent GT car, even though the dashboard looks like something by a toy maker. Too heavy to be a real performance car. Uncool, but barely.

The later versions of the GTO were cooler in my opinion as they were more out there. This early version looks considerably more anonymous. They're both in the Uncool section though, the owners I have spoken to usually start off with how much of a prick it is to work on rather than all of its technology that doesn't negate how much it weighs.

Still doesn't stop me from wanting a late GTO MR. Mostly just to look at, because it wasn't that interesting to drive either.

Pretty resounding "cool" on my front. Nothing overly amazing about it, but you know, its... cool.

Really not understanding the love this is getting. Back in its day, there were probably a dozen other similar coupes and rivals that were better. It's no looker. It wasn't rated highly in period group tests and it, unsurprisingly, never really sold well in many markets. Rose-tinted Gran Turismo specticals I guess.

Really not understanding the love this is getting. Back in its day, there were probably a dozen other similar coupes and rivals that were better. It's no looker. It wasn't rated highly in period group tests and it, unsurprisingly, never really sold well in many markets. Rose-tinted Gran Turismo specticals I guess.
Actually, I've heard of this car before I even played Gran Turismo. Saw one when I was a little kid and ever since then it was one of my favourite 90s Japanese sports cars.

Favourite variant of the Z16. Cool.

This almost made me think the car was Cool for a second: it's pretty much the only car in its class at the time that hasn't had a chassis-code-chirping shrine build up around it since. It's not an S or R-number, not a JZA80, SW20, or FD.

...and then I realized it's because this car was so unloved that few bothered. So Uncool, but for very different reasons than those other cars.

Want the sportiness of a Lancer Evo but don't want the sedan-ness of the Lancer Evo? This is for you. Sub-zero.

Ah yes, the fat turbo-beast that harks back to an ancient era when Mitsubishi still had a brain. It's a solid cool for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back