Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
1990-1995 Acura Legend nominated by @Doog
IMG_2452.jpg

Engines:
3.2L V6 (Honda C32A)
Power: 1991-1992: 200 hp; 1993-1995: 230 hp
Torque: 1991-1992: 210 lb-ft.; 1993-1995: 206 lb-ft.
Weight: 1595 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual, 6-speed manual, 4-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, front wheel drive
Body Styles: 4-door sedan, 2-door coupe
Additional Info: "The KA7/KA8 Legend had a longitudinally-mounted engine, which gave it the proportions of a rear wheel drive car despite being front wheel drive."​
2nd_Acura_Legend_sedan_--_12-06-2011.jpg

Acura-Legend-coupe.jpg

3869568774_f37a7e84fc_b.jpg

1995_acura_legend_2_dr_ls_coupe-pic-38149.jpeg

As with a lot of '90s Japanese cars, a couple of tasteful modifications would make it look quite smart.
As with a lot of '90s Japanese cars, as standard it's so dreary that it's barely deserving of a single take, let alone a double.

I love the look of those big, squashy leather chairs, but it's far too anonymous to be cool.

Along with the second gen Honda Legend and Daewoo Arcadia, it simply exists. Though the coupe did do a better job of showing the goods.

Uncool.

Last edited:
I've actually driven one of these and it was really lovely. Quite fast and cushy, but with pretty good handling. The saloon is fairly anonymous but the coupes have some presence. It's a great budget GT car. Gets a low cool from me.

Low cool as well. These are pretty fun to toss around with the (rare) manual variants. As Beeble said, they're also pretty comfortable.

I think one of the longest running recorded Acuras on the road is a near mint condition Legend over 500,000 miles and still going strong.

The only thing I know about the Legend is the Ludacris has one with something like 300,000 miles on it, other than that I can't remember seeing one...or if I did it simply just blended into the background. I'm sure it wasn't a bad car, but there's nothing exciting about it so I'll go with a high uncool.

I think one of the longest running recorded Acuras on the road is a near mint condition Legend over 500,000 miles and still going strong.

The owner of that particular Legend lives in my town and I've talked with him a couple times at car shows around here. The Legend's at 534k now, but he puts the bulk of his mileage on an ILX that Acura gave him for hitting 500k.

Automotive arrogance.

I'm not quite sure what kind of econo-box has a 230 HP V6, especially two decades ago. Not M3 smashing performance, but still not a 1.2 Corsa.

Besides having slightly more horsepower than the FWD chassis can handle, what performance features does this car have?

Besides having slightly more horsepower than the FWD chassis can handle, what performance features does this car have?

None, but not being a performance car doesn't make it an econo-box.

As I said, this is an econo-box:

6460257.JPG

This is a performance car:

18gnnywhapyhajpg.jpg

There is an area somewhere inbetween that this car fits into.

None, but not being a performance car doesn't make it an econo-box.

As I said, this is an econo-box:

This is a performance car:

There is an area somewhere inbetween that this car fits into.

I was exaggerating. My point is that this car's body is writing checks that the rest of the machine can't cash. We can upgrade it to generic family sedan levels of performance if we want to be realistic.

Highly understated, for what I recall as being a very reliable and pleasant car. Luxurious yet thrifty motoring for those who could care less about the badge. Cool.

Latest Posts

Back