GTP Cool Wall: 1990-1995 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (C4)

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 37 comments

1990-1995 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (C4)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wasn't much of a fan of the C4 until a friend's dad bought a '95 LT1. After a couple rides, I started to like them.

As for the C4 ZR-1, the LT5 was a nice engine but no surprise GM stuck with OHV with the genIII smallblock.

Sub Zero. Easily the coolest Corvette ever, cooler than the C3 Stingray etc. I want one.

The C4 Corvette has aged rather well I think, easily one of the nicest looking cars to come out of the US in the '80s.

The '90s models look better than the '80s models and the ZR1 being the prettiest of them all, having Lotus developed parts installed in it can only make it cooler. If I had one I'd probably put a couple of Lotus badges on it.

Solid solid cool.

I like a lot of things about this car - lack of tacked-on look-at-my-special-edition bits, LT5 engine, Lotus influence - but there is just no way that a C4 can ever be cool.

C4s are cool. C5s are like the R34s of Corvettes whereas the C4 is the R32.

Every other instance I can think of is the car of a total flangepantry.

I asked my British friend and even looked it up on Urban Dictionary, nothing came up. Are you just throwing darts at an open dictionary?

I dunno.. going from something beautiful like the C3 to this.. For me it was like the corvette went though puberty and this was that "new me" stage where it thinks it's really different and whatnot, maybe even thinking it looks cool. In the meantime, those who loved the car before this transformation just steps back like "...who are you again?"
I do like the car though I do prefer the smoother and more developed C5 looks over the C4.
It's still a cool though, moderate stats, the Grand Sport as well was a massive like back in GT3

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back