GTP Cool Wall: 1990-2001 Lamborghini Diablo

1990-2001 Lamborghini Diablo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Doesn't have the character of earlier lambo's, doesn't have the raw precise look of the later lambo's, in fact it looks like a big plasticky monster of kit car.

Despite the fact I don't think you could look anymore like a gigantic penis when driving this, especially entering and exiting the vehicle, it's saved from uncool by the noise!

By in-your-face I meant the styling. It's simple. In your face is this: *spiky car picture*

and this: *orange car picture*
(although the Aventador is a beautiful car.)

...actually, in that picture, I can't help but think it looks like a chipmunk with its cheeks stuffed full of seeds.

Seemed pretty clumsy in High Stakes. Fast, but understeered pretty badly.

Well, pretty much everything drove like ass in High Stakes.

It was beast in Hot Pursuit, though. Could be made to be wound up faster around the looser tracks than the CLK-GTR and XJR-15 (though the Nazca C2 was still faster); and in Hot Pursuit II if you got how it handled it would wipe the floor with the Murcielago.

Well, pretty much everything drove like ass in High Stakes.

It was beast in Hot Pursuit, though. Could be made to be wound up faster around the looser tracks than the CLK-GTR and XJR-15 (though the Nazca C2 was still faster); and in Hot Pursuit II if you got how it handled it would wipe the floor with the Murcielago.

Why do I get the feeling this game wasn't 100% accurate!!

Sub-zero. This was my favorite car as a kid...I had a black 1:18 and a purple 1:64 along with a poster of a yellow SV.

My favorite Lamborghini, hands down. Especially the SV model (the last rear-wheel drive model if memory serves).

Awesome styling, a V10 sound to die for, and will certainly catch your attention in a positive way.

Sub-Zero
V12. 5.7L and then there was a 6.0L V12 in the later models. But they were a V12.

I loved this car in Need For Speed Hot Pursuit.

For me the Lamborghini Diablo, Ferrari F50 and the Viper GTS were the three cars which got me interested in cars in the first place back when I was really young. So it's a definite Sub-Zero for me.

Doesn't have the character of earlier lambo's, doesn't have the raw precise look of the later lambo's, in fact it looks like a big plasticky monster of kit car.

Despite the fact I don't think you could look anymore like a gigantic penis when driving this, especially entering and exiting the vehicle, it's saved from uncool by the noise!

Pretty much this.

Sub zero, for the reason of others. Grew up wanting one (not anymore) and it still looks quite good even with all the modern stuff out there.

Diablo: probably the greatest name to ever grace a car, and a fitting testament to its diabolical V12 and unforgettable shape. It has also likely starred in more supercar posters on the bedroom walls of the world's past and present children than any other model. −273.15C.

The ultimate subzero car of all time. I can't think of a better car then this. Probably the greatest Lamborghini of all time.

Some Diablo love :

Sexy wheels and interior :

lamborghini-diablo-vt-roadster-01.jpg

lamborghini-diablo-evolution-08.jpg

car_photo_322216_25.jpg

I'm overlooking the point of how I picture the average driver of it to look, because I feel like that stereotype might be less common than we think; the Diablo isn't "new" or "desirable" enough to the average douche-bro, so they'd probably look elsewhere. I feel like more enthusiasts own Diablos now than we give them credit for.

I could very well be wrong, but I don't care - this car gets Sub-Zero from me. Phwoar.

Been raring to much for Kaz and co to get their hands on one. Mr Freeze special Super duper fridge material.

A car which serves no real purpose other than to shout "LOOK AT ME" is not cool. It's pointless and egocentric.

A car which serves no real purpose other than to shout "LOOK AT ME" is not cool. It's pointless and egocentric.

There are cool Lambo and then there are bat crazy stupid lambos. Diablo (sub-zero) and then Veneno (uncool).

What do you vote based on? Also you don't need an ego to drive such a car, some people see it as a crown jewel that signifies they've accomplished what they dreamed to set out and do.

I judge based on how I would feel pulling up in front of a party with all of my family and friends attending in said car. If it's something completely unassuming, I couldn't care less about the car and would just be happy to be seeing my family and friends, as a result, that unassuming car is actually cool. If it would make feel even more special than that, say if it were a Volvo Amazon or a BMW 8 Series, then it will be sub-zero. If I'd feel like a pillock pulling up in it, then it's at least uncool, if not seriously uncool. I'd feel like a pillock pulling up in the Lamborghini, not least because of the scissor doors.

There are cool Lambo and then there are bat crazy stupid lambos. Diablo (sub-zero) and then Veneno (uncool).

Also you don't need an ego to drive such a car, some people see it as a crown jewel that signifies they've accomplished what they dreamed to set out and do.

That is true..they probably have dreamed about buying a Diablo their whole life..

Like Ayton Senna did not buy a Honda NSX just because it looked good

Speaking of Senna and NSX, what if I parked in front of my family and friends in this :

J's Racing NSX GT Wide Body

Honda-NSX_GT_mp22_pic_40098.jpg

honda-nsx-gt-1440-x-900.jpg

Or in this Mugen NSX RR :

MugenNSXRR-002_0cJ8_1.jpg

Would I be considered a pillock and the car would be uncool ?

If I were to own such car or a Diablo, I would never thought of being a pillock ... I drove the car that I dream and love to have.

I'm not sure I'd feel like a "pillock", whatever that is, driving up in a Diablo. I'd certainly feel cool, though, but then I can feel cool in my Sunbird if I try hard enough.

Back