ford-granada-cosworth-01.jpg

Body Style: 4-door hatchback
Engine: 2.9L Ford Cologne V6
Power: 192 hp
Torque: 203 lbs/ft
Weight: 3131 lbs / 1420 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear-wheel drive
Additional Information: The Granada nameplate was used in the United Kingdom, the Scorpio nameplate was used elsewhere.​

8644914578_b69f211cbe_o.jpg
8643817045_4fdbf1eb6d_o.jpg
Untitled.png

Last edited:
I remember seeing Scorpio's everywhere. Back then I thought they were a pretty awesome sight on the road.

A quick search shows me only one for sale. A plain one from 1985. Sad.

Uncool. Literally just a rebadged Scorpio, which was truly cack (don't get me started on the 2nd Scorpio, one of the worst Ford's in existence imo).

Only thing that saves it from being SU is the Granada nameplate and that 2.9l Cosworth developed Cologne V6 :lol: (But give me an original Granada any day).

Last edited:
Since I had never seen one and actually seeing one in the flesh would be absolutely and utterly rare, plus Cosworth, I give it a low cool.

Would allow you to live out your 90s cop show fantasies and see you spend time in the back of something newer than a Senator for doing so.

That's cool to me, but in the same way the Sabotage video isn't cool, neither is this car or fantasy.

Meh.

Cool. I road tested a Merkur Scorpio before buying a Saab 9000 Turbo. Cool car, it's just, the Saab had better front seats.

This wasn't even remotely cool back in the day. The Vauxhall Carlton/Opel Omega GSi 3000 was better in every regard. Uncool.

This is all I remember them as:

aa20ddfee754fe73e4734abed5ccaf9d.jpg

Uncool.

Yeah, I've never driven one, but I've sat in the back of a few (and 24v Senators) getting a bollocking for driving like a loon.

Quite liked the Senator (great drift machine), but this was never a good car.

Uncool.

The Ford Grandad? Why on earth was this nominated?

Seriously uncool. The only one that's worse was that Clarkson Granada. Ouch.

The definition of Grandad car. Cosworth or not, it's still mega Uncool.

I preferred the earlier Mk III saloons, especially with an original factory RS frock. Now those were the least cool of an uncool bunch.

It reminds me of the Taurus during that time, though looks a bit more interesting than the Taurus. That is not saying much however, I gave it a meh.

I read "Granada" as "Grenade" for a minute.

Meh.

Edit: That torque, though...Almost 300 ft/lbs?

Edit: That torque, though...Almost 300 ft/lbs?

The Ford Cologne engine is one of Ford Germany's best ever creations. It was so much better than the parallel-but-not-related Ford Essex engine of Ford Britain that it replaced it entirely and outlasted it by 20 more years. It even saw use in the USDM in some Rangers, Broncos and Mercury Bobcats.

Back