Engines:
4.9L V8 (Ford Windsor 302)
Power: 225-250 hp
Torque: 300 lb-ft.
Weight: 1352 kg
Transmission: 4-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door convertible
Additional Info: "The Mitsuoka Dore was the convertible version of the Mitsuoka Le-Seyde that had a limited production run in 1991. While the Le-Seyde was based on the S13 series Silvia, the Dore was instead based on the 3rd Generation Ford Mustang, and was only available with the "5.0L" V8 engine from the Mustang GT of the time."​
Mitsuoka-Dore-1991.jpg

s-IMG_1927.jpg

E0002_011200600101.jpg

Mitsuoka-Dore-1991.jpg

30s styling in 1991....seriously uncool.

Ford 302 powered. Cool.

Gonna have to go with meh...

Stupid idea, horrible execution. They could have at least given it a wooden steering wheel.

Seriously Uncool.

Is this what started that weird trend with drift Silvias?

EDIT: I can't read apparently.

Last edited:
I usually like these 1970's-1980's cars with styling from the 30's. This is one of the uglier ones.

Meh.

Looks 60 years older than it is. Not sure if I'd consider this cool or uncool. The engine is decently powerful for a car that weighs about 3000 pounds. Not sure how much the third gen Mustang GT weighed. Whatever they were going for here, it's certainly interesting. I'll go with cool. Regardless, I have zero doubts about the car ending up on the negative end of the wall.

I like this better than the Orochi.

Looks 60 years older than it is. Not sure if I'd consider this cool or uncool. The engine is decently powerful for a car that weighs about 3000 pounds. Not sure how much the third gen Mustang GT weighed. Whatever they were going for here, it's certainly interesting. I'll go with cool. Regardless, I have zero doubts about the car ending up on the negative end of the wall.

I like this better than the Orochi.
Weighed the same as this.

As both a Mustang fan and pre-war car lover this is just..... un-friggin-believable. The weird headlights are a little disturbing as well.

This is the same brand that built this.

2009-mitsuoka-himiko-10.jpg

Just look at the way the headlights merge with the hood. But if you thought THAT was ugly, they also built this:

mitsuoka_nouera_2.jpg

And, unfortunately, this:

car_photo_221164.jpg

How does this brand even exist? :lol:

This is the same brand that built this.

2009-mitsuoka-himiko-10.jpg

Just look at the way the headlights merge with the hood. But if you thought THAT was ugly, they also built this:

mitsuoka_nouera_2.jpg

And, unfortunately, this:

car_photo_221164.jpg

How does this brand even exist? :lol:
I don't even know. One of their current models is a rebadged Nissan March/Micra.
Mitsuoka_Viewt_011.JPG

This one is the K12 I think. Apparently it's supposed to look like the Jaguar Mark 2. I don't understand why. Couldn't they just make a pedestrian compact sedan look like a pedestrian compact sedan? Kind of reminds me of the Nissan Figaro in a way. And the Suzuki Cappuccino with a GT-R body kit I saw in one Road & Track issue.

Back