1992-1995 Honda Civic VX

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wiegert

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
1992-1995 Honda Civic VX nominated by @Custom878

1992-honda-civic-vx-50mpg-100-original-low-miles-all-stock-pristine-condition-5.jpg

Body Style: 3-door hatchback
Engine: 1.5L SOHC I4
Power: 92 hp
Torque: 97 lb-ft
Weight: 950 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engine, front-wheel drive
Additional Information: This was an efficiency focused model that came with aluminum wheels, a 16-valve VTEC engine instead of the standard 8-valve, and various other fuel saving measures.​

Civic_VX1of9.JPG
8y6cfc.jpg
honda_civic_vx_hatchback_3.jpeg
interior1hondatech.jpg

Cool mainly because of the fuel saving measures taken.

Similar to the Cobalt XFE.

The description for the RCR video really drives home what makes these ultra fuel sippers so neat:

The Chevy Cobalt XFE was one last hurray of cheap reliability before EVERY car manufacturer decided call EVERY model "High-End." The XFE sacrifices everything at the workbench of fuel economy.

The same can be applied to the Civic VX

There's a slight cool factor in spotting an unmolested one on the street, as that's about as rare as hen's teeth these days, but really, it's an econobox. An econobox with a really good chassis and great handling, but an econobox nonetheless. And that's not cool.

Efficiency is not cool. If I wanted an EG6, I'd rather be in an Si so I can rev the nuts off it's engine on a twisty back road.

Uncool for this VX.

Well it did suck the windows out of Geo Metros with similar MPG in comparison tests.

Interesting, but not cool.

Imagine, if you will, that you have just had sexual relations with a new partner for the first time.

The deed done, you flop into the bed and, upon catching your breath, you turn to him/her/them and say "How was it for you?"

They turn to you and say: 'Efficient.'

As far as coolness* and VXs go, the Civic sits somewhere between early-'00s Holden Commodore and lethal nerve agent.

Uncool.

*Good thing we're not measuring 'potency' instead.

Imagine, if you will, that you have just had sexual relations with a new partner for the first time.

The deed done, you flop into the bed and, upon catching your breath, you turn to him/her/them and say "How was it for you?"

So it's a blow to your manhood?

---
I liked these Civics. Meh, though.

Another EG would stand a better chance of being cool but this particular model cannot be anything other than Uncool.

Cool. It does what it does with no fuss. It's invisible. Even the wheels are cool. I've seen manufacturers put the best kit on the "uncool" cars.

So it's a blow to your manhood?
Mine? Nope:

Besides which I've been married for seven years...

But also where do you get 'manhood' from that gender-neutral passage of text?
Probably better than them saying 'quick'?
Don't knock quick. It has its merits at our age.

Just to furthermore make a point, this car had a nifty feature, the hatch could turn into a tailgate, which is pretty cool:

file.php

But the VX had a shift light in the dash that would tell you when to shift in order to be as fuel efficient as possible, which negates every cool point the tailgate gave it.

Efficiency is not cool. If I wanted an EG6, I'd rather be in an Si so I can rev the nuts off it's engine on a twisty back road.

Uncool for this VX.

Just to be pedantic, EG6 refers to the JDM SiR and AUDM VTi, not as a blanket for the entire EG chassis.

Mine? Nope:
Besides which I've been married for seven years...

But also where do you get 'manhood' from that gender-neutral passage of text?
I couldn"t think of a gender-neutral way to make that statement. :lol:

I had one of my stupid moments.

I dug out my USB stick to show you how cool these cars are. :D

cendiv6ym.jpg

Not a VX, but still!

This thing destroyed everything out there. Corvettes, Mustangs, Subaru, Mitsubishi, etc...

Don't knock quick. It has its merits at our age.
Does it?

I wouldn't mind ripping one of these around; here's the thing: I highly doubt you can find a good one at any price point. A good one.

Meh.

I was half tempted by these because of the of tailgate - well a UK VTi anyway - but I ended up going with a six cylinder E36. Considering how much I like those, high praise for the EG.

This one is cool in so far as it doesn't brag about its eco weenie credentials.

Back