1998-bonneville-1.jpg

Body Style:
4-door sedan
Engines: 3.8L Series I L27 V6, 3.8L Series I L67 V6,
3.8L Series II L36 V6, 3.8L Series II L67 V6
Power: 170-240 hp
Torque: 225-280 ft-lb
Weight: 1533-1563 kg
Transmission: 4-speed 4T60-E automatic, 4-speed 4T60E-HD automatic, 4-speed 4T65-E automatic, 4-speed 4T65E-HD automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, front wheel drive
92129261990918.jpg
1999-pontiac-bonneville-4.jpg
69737454.jpg
bonneville-rear2.jpg
bonneville-rear.jpg
42900808.jpg

Gets you from point A to point B, reliable, safe to drive.

Low cool.

While that's a good thing, a car that just gets from a to b isn't exactly cool.
Getting from point A to B is a meh rating by itself in my opinion. Adding the reliability and safety makes it the low cool that I gave it.

An A to B car as said. A solid meh. But, in my experience, every scum of the Earth person I've ever known had one. Just a hair from seriously uncool. Just.

Competent transportation, not particularly cool though. The SSEI would be a meh by itself.

First cars are always special, I look back with rose colored glasses myself. But a 1985 Tredia Turbo can never be cool.

The SSEI Bonneville (the performance model) is a very cool car, and with 240 horsepower, it beats out the Taurus SHO and Lincoln MK VII. Even the humdrum base model gets a 170 horsepower V6, which was impressive for the time.

Cool.

Competent transportation, not particularly cool though. The SSEI would be a meh by itself.

First cars are always special, I look back with rose colored glasses myself. But a 1985 Tredia Turbo can never be cool.
I think I AM wearing a slight shade of rose colored glasses. This is my first car, and I like it quite a bit, but it's just a beater-ish kind of car that people look over. I already knew that this was nowhere near Sub-Zero, so at least I'm not one of those people. Hope I didn't sound bias in my first post, and I now change my vote to a high meh.

Knew there was something to it, I was going to go with that nationalism aspect in my mind, since that seems to be a trend with certain american users on here, when an American car comes up.

I think I AM wearing a slight shade of rose colored glasses. This is my first car, and I like it quite a bit, but it's just a beater-ish kind of car that people look over. Hope I didn't sound bias in my first post, and I now change my vote to a high meh.

At least you're honest 👍

Considering some of the other piles of crap GM was pushing out during this period the Bonneville actually looks decent. That isn't saying much though and the interior ruins any chance it may have had.

Uncool.

The seats are supposed to be leather, but they look more like plastic.

30708300042_large.jpg

It's an old person's car for the old person that didn't want/couldn't afford a Buick LeSabre.

They also look overstuffed and about to rip open in a fluffly explosion.:scared:

Former owner of a 1999 Grand Prix GT, which I loved, checking in. The Bonneville is a solid meh.

Just an average, unremarkable 90's sedan. Very beige and plasticy, on the outsides and inside. And there's nothing alluring about average, unremarkable, beige, plasticy sedans.

Solid uncool.

Back