Off-Road Capability-
Transfer Case: 2 Speed, locking
Differentials: Open
Available Skid Plates: Yes
Ground Clearance: 8.3 in.

Curb weight: 1,450 kg (3,197 lb)
Fuel Economy City: 16.0 mpg
Fuel Economy Highway: 21.0 mpg
Location of Manufacture: Graz, Austria/Detroit, Michigan.
0-60Mph: Fast enough for a 3,000Lb 4WD SUV.

s-u

Primarily because of the jackasses who drive 'em nowadays. They're cheap enough now that teens get 'em, and apparently thrash the hell out of 'em.

It's a Jeep, no Jeep will ever be cool because of the people they attract. This is not to say all Jeep owners are royal d-bags (in fact I know not all Jeep owners are d-bags) but a lot of royal d-bag own Jeeps.

I was actually considering buying one of these, but it's a Chrysler and with the exception of the Wrangler and 300C SRT-8 all Chryslers are at least uncool.

Mid 90's Jeeps were horrible. Power was crap, off road capability was crap and the people that bought them were crap. No girl would do you in one of these, even hookers would walk away. Thats right, instead of raising their prices, they'd walk away!

Seriously Uncool.

Bland, pretty much describes this SUV. Not Seriously Uncool, but...

UNCOOL

Official rating of meh. Bone stock, these things are fugly as hell. On the other hand they can be quite the trail boss, at least when properly equipped.

The Omni GLH is frozen solid it's so cool. It's probably the only cool Chrysler out there.

I wouldn't say that, but everyone hates them, now, so...yeah.

Well maybe you're right, there are probably a couple of other cool Chrysler's out there. For as much as I hate the 300C it's still cool. I can probably find a couple others too.

I judge em by what else was on the market when they came out, and how were they in their era.

Subzero.

One of the first SUVs that could actually go around corners. Immensely capable off road as well in comparison to the utter tripe that was available in 92. And by comparison to all the other SUVs was quiet enough that it was actually considered a "luxury" vehicle.
Was designed to replace the Cherokee, but esteemed to be of a much higher caliber. Sold at a much higher pricepoint than anticipated as a result. Even called the "cashcow" informally at Chrysler.

I'm guessing few of you actually had to drive any SUVs back then. This one spearheaded the movement that got trucks and SUVs to actually behave more like a car.

Subzero.

My vote is for cool, I've owned two ZJ's and one XJ. They are great trucks, very reliable. While I really don't like Chrysler cars and trucks in general, I love these.

They've taken me anywhere I've ever needed to go, and more than a few places where I should not have gone, but made it in and out with no problem. Comfortable ride, and overly capable off road for being aimed towards street use.

The things that aren't good are the exhaust systems, the honey combs in the cat's always seem to end up broken, clogged, or just make a bunch of noise. Every one I've had from the 91XJ, (Not a GC obviously, but same basic truck.) to the 93 and 96 ZJ's have all had the same problem with the cat. Other than that, the huge fuel tank is nice, but they way they burn gas isint... :lol:

I don't believe myself to be a D-Bag, or only love Jeeps, I don't really hold an allegiance to any car manufacturer, I just like particular models of cars. GC Jeeps, E30's, SN95's. I do dislike particular manufacturers though... I like these particular jeeps though because they are well rounded and do everything I could need a truck to do, just in a much more comfortable environment.

Actually now that I think of it, they aren't outwardly cool really, but for how old they are, they do look pretty good. (Especially in limited or Orvis trim :D!)

I do plan to get another, but the next one will be a WJ. I think I'll always have a GC model of some sort.

The Omni GLH is frozen solid it's so cool. It's probably the only cool Chrysler out there.

Completely agree. If it was on the cool wall how can it not be Subzero? Its a small, fast, turbo hatchback. It is quite possibly the best Chrysler product in the last 40 years. And it was when Carol Shelby made good vehicles mods.

And for those who don't know the GLH stands literally for "goes like hell". :D 0-60 in 6.7s and a 14.7 quarter mile. I'd love to own one of these. Too bad they are rare and spare parts are very limited.

To those saying all Chryslers are uncool, the following picture and the links in my sig would like to have a word with you...

sigfd7.jpg

I'm not saying it's anything special, but definitely not uncool. :D

Last edited:
I wouldn't call them eyesores quite, but they're fairly ugly and offer nothing cool that either another Jeep or SUV can't do better.
Not to mention it's an SUV - which means "Uncool" unless it's got something really special, like possibly a new Cherokee with the 425HP Hemi. But even then, with an SUV over it, way to slow.

I wouldn't call them eyesores quite, but they're fairly ugly and offer nothing cool that either another Jeep or SUV can't do better.
Not to mention it's an SUV - which means "Uncool" unless it's got something really special, like possibly a new Cherokee with the 425HP Hemi. But even then, with an SUV over it, way to slow.

Yeah, because 0-60 under 5.5 seconds is just too slow no matter what it is...

Those SRT Jeeps have too much going on in the body work...

JCE

As cool as a car called "Goes Like Hell" is, it would have been even cooler if they would have used the original name Carroll Shelby wanted for it: the Coyote. Why Coyote? Because it eats Rabbits, that's why.

I think if Chrysler called it that, somehow the Road Runner would smoke it every time...

[/loonytunesref]

Back