• Poll closed .
United States
Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
1993-1998 Nissan Silvia nominated by @Custom878
nissan_240sx_s14.jpg

Engines:
2.0L I4 (Nissan SR20DE), 2.0L Turbo I4 (Nissan SR20DET)
Power: SR20DE: 158 hp; SR20DET: 217 hp
Torque: SR20DE: 139 lb-ft.; SR20DET: 203 lb-ft.
Weight: 1140-1220 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual, 4-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe
Additional Info: "This nomination does not include the 240SX and the 200SX. Take this into account when voting."​
2.jpg

DSCM0001%20156.jpg

1995_S14_Silvia_Ks_Original_01_01.jpg

tcs_nara-img600x450-1214820623f6edar5521.jpg

I don't like the look of the normal car. However, I love the look of the Aero models.

Not cool though.

Basically impossible to find a picture of one of these stock on Google.

Pretty much this. And with the crowd that usually owns these cars, the chances of modifications looking good are very hit & miss in my honest opinion. Not to mention that it looks a bit bland without the Aero packages. It's a nice little introduction to the world of RWD sports cars, but odds are that you won't find in the right condition to use it in that manner...

Uncool.

The original was basically "lumpy 90's car", but they cleaned it up nicely with the refresh without getting tacky like the S15. Plus this one (of a sort) was actually sold in places.

Tempted to vote SU since I own an S13 (240SX) but I like these.

(Does owning a 240SX make me uncool, though?)

Torn on this. These are genuinely good cars to drive, and I have never exited a Silvia with anything but a smile on my face. The SR20 is a tough nutter and pretty easy to modify.

-

But Drift Tax.

-

And there's the uncomfortable reality that these are now twenty year old cars. An SR20DET S14 isn't actually as good as a 2.0T Genesis. Nowhere near the torsional stiffness, nowhere near the roll-on power... okay... I like the hydraulic steering better... but that's it.

This has nothing to do with coolness, though. The biggest problem with S14s is finding a clean one with an asking price that isn't three times what it's actually worth.

-

Find a stock one, though, and they're pretty cool.

One of these has been parked outside my neighbour's house recently. I don't believe it's theirs, but rather a family member or someone, but regardless, it's lovely and I'm jealous.

I've always thought the S14 was the nicest of the 90s Silvias. Or at least the most inoffensive. The S15 is sexier but also a little bit menacing and the S13 looks like it's come out of a skip. With this there's nothing excellent. But nothing wrong either.
Cool.

The standard one was always a nice looking coupe. But when was the last time a standard one existed? Uncool.

I'll give it a cool. It's nice a restrained but still retains the sporty shape.

Immediate demotion to seriously uncool if the car has any kind of exterior modding done to it.

I'll give it a cool. It's nice a restrained but still retains the sporty shape.

Immediate demotion to seriously uncool if the car has any kind of exterior modding done to it.
169128_285611518221881_1183287849_o.jpg

Latest Posts

Back