Weight: ~2677 lbs / 1214 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engined, front-wheel drive​

laguna_2.jpg

renault_laguna_a1246194018b2797031_orig.jpg
Renault-Laguna-3.0-1996-9.JPG
1200px-Renault_Laguna_rear_20071015.jpg
Laguna1p1w.jpg

It's clearly no Safrane or Peugeot 406 but I still think this is a car of good grace.

Meh. The early ones 1994-1996~ are totally rust buckets. But the following are quite good especially facelift models 1999-2001. Second generation renault laguna was nightmare compared to these.

Had a white 99 model with a whopping 1.6, could fit a big push chair, shopping plus room for the baby and wife, the car that said I had to grow up and be practical, uncool.

Oh dear, I drove far to many of these damn things when I worked for Renault. It was big inside is about the kindest thing I can say about it.

It's clearly no Safrane or Peugeot 406 but I still think this is a car of good grace.
Oh and not being a Safrane would be another plus point for the Laguna.

The Safrane was a bloody hateful car, with a manual that makes Vauxhall look like they know how to build a pleasant gearbox and an automatic that had a failure rate that was embarrassing (oh and it didn't work either - random downshifts to keep you on your toes) and was so thirsty that I honestly thought one I drove had a fuel leak.

V6 keeps it out of Seriously Uncool.

Uncool.
Nope. Sorry the V6 was rubbish, the pick (and I use that term very loosely) was the 2.0 16V

Oh dear, I drove far to many of these damn things when I worked for Renault. It was big inside is about the kindest thing I can say about it.

Oh and not being a Safrane would be another plus point for the Laguna.

The Safrane was a bloody hateful car, with a manual that makes Vauxhall look like they know how to build a pleasant gearbox and an automatic that had a failure rate that was embarrassing (oh and it didn't work either - random downshifts to keep you on your toes) and was so thirsty that I honestly thought one I drove had a fuel leak.

Nope. Sorry the V6 was rubbish, the pick (and I use that term very loosely) was the 2.0 16V

This man knows what's up.

My mom had one of these, a 98 with a 1.9L diesel. Although bland I quite like them, they're pleasent to look at. That is, if you looked at it, becuase it's just unassuming. But then the gearbox blew up, but not before snapping the clutch cable. That and all the small things that pilled up since. It's a french car above anything else.

Uncool.

Best car in TOCA 2 ... but that didn't make it a cool road car. Total meh material.

Back