Engines:
5.7L V12 (Lamborghini)
Power: 499 hp
Torque: 425 lb-ft.
Weight: 1600 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Mid engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe
Additional Info: "An American Lamborghini Diablo. 17 cars were produced during a period of corporate turmoil for Vector. It was given the M prefix in deference to then parent company Megatech, as opposed to the W prefix of company founder Gerry Wiegert. Of the seventeen produced, sixteen were road cars and one was a race car. Fifteen road cars are left and the race car was refitted into a Vector SRV8."​
1999_vector_m12-pic-1674902825219026980.jpeg

1996_Vector_M122.jpg

m12beigeside.jpg

autowp.ru_vector_m12_3.jpg

945b3f9df7f78f903c565560b3e30a41.jpg

Absolutely adore it. Love it to bits. In my Top 3 Halo Dream Car. I'll take one in purple, please.

But it's a rare museum piece, a flop during it's lifetime and above all, an ostentatious American supercar.

Seriously Uncool

Absolutely adore it. Love it to bits. In my Top 3 Halo Dream Car. I'll take one in purple, please.

But it's a rare museum piece, a flop during it's lifetime and above all, an ostentatious American supercar.

Seriously Uncool

You hit the nail in the head with that last sentence, Liquid. Yes, it was a valiant effort to keep the Vector brand alive, but with less horsepower and a weaker perfomance (despite having a bigger Lamborghini engine of all things), the M12 simply didn't stand as much as the crazier W8. You are allowed to think that the M12 is the more elegant of the two, but with such a flop in terms of cars sold, it didn't really fulfill its promise of being the saviour of Vector.

I just prefer the less Megatech-influenced personality of the W8. Seriously Uncool.

Looks like some horrible attempt at a Lamborghini kit car by someone with very poor eyesight after they saw a picture of a proper Diablo.

Uncool.

I've actually never noticed the bit of glass on the door before. Neat.

Seriously Uncool.

Vector AWX-3: Hostile Takeover Edition.

Probably the only time I would consider the prototypes* (hell, even the racecar in this case) to be the cooler iteration(s).

*Registered, functioning prototypes, mind.

If I saw one not treated as a museum piece, then the other two points wouldn't be an issue.

On the basis that I hope at least one of the remaining fifteen are still used as intended, I have to go for SZ, because it's mad, incredibly rare and would turn heads unlike anything else.

I know wayyy too much about these things, more than I'd care to admit. Absolutely love them, but they are horrendously uncool.

A car so ludicrous that just about the only person I can actually imagine owning one of these is Adam Sandler.

While I do like this car, it's not the W8, which I think is one of the coolest cars of my youth. Still, I think I can must a cool out of this since it was just such a bonkers car.

Gran Turismo 2 = SZ

Megatech, Vector = SU

I liked the car for what it is but best I'll give is a low cool.

Back