Jahgee1124
1995 Lamborghini/Italdesign Calà nominated by @FilipinoGTUser1
lambo_cala_italdesign_concept-manu-95_01.jpg

Body Style: 2 Door Coupé, 2 Door Spyder
Engine: 3.9L V10
Power Output: 400 HP
Transmission: 6 Speed Manual
Drivetrain: Mid Engine, Rear Wheel Drive
Additional Information: Designed by Italdesign Giugiaro, was going to be the successor to the Jalpa. Is the predecessor to the Gallardo. Only 1 car was made. Was abandoned when Lamborghini was sold to Volkswagen in 1998. Featured in the 1998 game Need for Speed II.

Should have been produced in larger quantities and sold. Awesome car with fantastic aesthetic quality. Sub-Zero.

Doesn't matter that it's a Lamborghini
Doesn't matter that it's a V10
Doesn't matter than it's the predecessor of my favorite modern car.

It's a concept. AND it doesn't look like a Lamborghini.

Seriously Uncool.

Does not compute.

One-off styling exercise and a supercar? Seriously, seriously uncool.
From what I can gather, had it been made, they would have made it a Spyder as well as a Coupe, that's why I put both in. The one prototype made is a Coupe

An Italian supercar that never made it into mass production, I like it a lot, Seriously Uncool.

What's going on above the headlights? Looks like either a massive panel gap or an odd-looking intake.

Edit: The roof looks odd as well.

I don't think it was meant to only be a concept is the thing.

It's one of (if not the) last Lamborghinis designed before VW. For that, I think it should be SZ. Scratch the supercar factor, scratch the fact that it's technically a concept.

I give it a cool. This car's overall design & shape lives on in the Sesto Elemento which goes on into the current Huracan.
From what I can gather, had it been made, they would have made it a Spyder as well as a Coupe, that's why I put both in. The one prototype made is a Coupe
It was meant as a Targa-top which is where the confusion comes from.
3260374e.jpg

I don't think it was meant to only be a concept is the thing.

It's one of (if not the) last Lamborghinis designed before VW. For that, I think it should be SZ. Scratch the supercar factor, scratch the fact that it's technically a concept.
Exactly. It is technically a car you can buy & drive should ItalDesign ever sell it.

Many reviewers drove it & loved it.

Abandoned projects from car manufacturers always interest me, but that's as far as I go with this. Meh.

Uncool. Never found the design especially appealing and the archetypal Lambo design cues are scarce, save for the wheels. Though I think it would have aged better than the Gallardo had it replaced the Jalpa by the late 90s.

This would be seriously uncool. Except it looks much newer than it is. And I forsee that the styling, although tacky, will continue to age well. And for that I vote cool.

I don't see why people keep stating that it's a concept car.

As said above, I do not believe that it is. Having only 1 car built, and having a concept car, are totally different.

The Toyota GT-One Road car was not a concept. And I don't believe they made more than 1 or 2 of those.

As said above, I do not believe that it is. Having only 1 car built, and having a concept car, are totally different.

The Toyota GT-One Road car was not a concept. And I don't believe they made more than 1 or 2 of those.
I think it's that at the end of the day, the only road-going car was still technically pre-production & Audi axed it before they could get started. I'm guessing in their terms, prototypes/concepts/racecars are one in the same; if I can't go out & buy it from the manufacturer, it's uncool.

I give it a cool. This car's overall design & shape lives on in the Sesto Elemento which goes on into the current Huracan.

It was meant as a Targa-top which is where the confusion comes from.
3260374e.jpg

Exactly. It is technically a car you can buy & drive should ItalDesign ever sell it.

Many reviewers drove it & loved it.

That's a different car from the OP pic, there aren't any intakes over the back wheels. Are we sure only one of these was built?

Okay, so it's a one-off. Still very uncool.

The intakes seem to be the only difference. Both cars have targa tops.

Also, the spoiler in the OP is black while the other is yellow.

Edit: And some sort of signal or badge in front of the door mirror that's not in the OP.

The car from McLaren's pic seems to be the same car in the Lambo museum, as seen on Wikipedia, so the OP pic must be either a rendering or a different car. Either way, it makes the car look more exotic than it really is.

There are plenty of other pics online of the car with and without the intakes, so I'd guess there were two models made.

Back