• Poll closed .
United States
Wasilla, AK
1996-1996 Renault Sport Spider nominated by Nessy

772a74ab723ae999356cbcb4f6053260.jpg

Stats:
Production: 1996-1999
Style: 2-door roadster
Engine: 122 ci/1,998 cc naturally aspirated DOHC inline 4 (rated 148 HP & ??? lb-ft)
Transmisson: 5-speed manual
Layout: Mid-engine, Rear-drive​

The models that actually came with a windscreen just about nudge cool. It had so much more character than anything else born into the 90s Renault range.

@Danny

I think the RSS can do a good enough job explaining itself.

I think the only thing you'd need explain is that Renault Sport produced it.

Am I the only one that thinks this car screams knock off Porsche?

I thought it was blatantly obvious.

Blackadder-Confused-Look.gif

What Porsche model did you have in mind, anyway?

Last edited:
It's a little off, but look at the front of it. That hood/headlights.

Nothing in particular, just that it had a similar ouline to that of popular Porsche street cars.

It's not like a Porsche, because it isn't, but it resembles many of Porsches typical features. At least to my eyes.

I don't know. I see a lot of '05-ish Boxster. Just way more over the top and cartoonish.

Love these, oddly despite being a total car nerd I never even knew these existed at the time, found out about them via GTP a while back. Too bad they never really took off, great little coupes, pretty unique looking and hey a true French sports car, a rarity in itself. Very solid upper Cool, but SZ would be pushing it.

@Slash try a Google image search so you get a few angles. The headlight covers are quite big and angled on the inside, doesn't really resemble a Porsche at all, just perhaps the camera angle pic in the OP pic.

Like I said, this car seems to be more cartoonish and less refined.

But whatever I guess.

A Lotus Elise for people who don't want a Lotus Elise. That bumps it down to cool. The fact that I would drive one and I'm a horrifically uncool person brings it down to a very mild uncool.

It's ugly, it's a Renault, it's a wannabe Lotus Elise for people who think the Elise is too mainstream, seriously uncool.

I've only once seen one of these on the road, but i thought it was cool when i saw it, mainly because it looked quite concepty (bare in mind it was about fifteen years ago).

Voted cool.

Latest Posts

Back