Engines:
2.6L Twin Turbo I6 (RB26DETT)
Power: 276 hp (actually 300+ hp)
Torque: 267 lb-ft.
Weight: 1716 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, four wheel drive
Body Styles: 5-door wagon
Additional Info: "Autech model of the so-called "Skyline wagon" Stagea, using R33 GT-R running gear along with stiffer anti-roll bars, mechanical LSD, upgraded Brembo brakes and forged BBS wheels."​
Nissan_Stagea_Autech_260RS.jpg

nissan_autech_ars260_01.jpg

1998-Nissan-Stagea-Autech_260RS_01.jpg

1997-Nissan-Stagea-Autech_260RS_03.jpg

import1140334533_2.jpg

The performance aspect is cool, and its a wagon. But those aesthetic mods are just awful, makes it look like its been done up by your prototypical ricer. Going to go with Meh bordering on Uncool.

Never liked this car, would of been better if they just made a Skyline wagon rather then make it look like a Ricer Forester.

Uncool.

This would've been cool if it had the standard Stagea body panels. This does not have the standard Stagea body panels.

It's like a blender. A blender that has a chainsaw inside.

That's totally what i don't want in a blender, despite how awesome that is.

Sub zero

Never liked this car, would of been better if they just made a Skyline wagon rather then make it look like a Ricer Forester.

Uncool.

A neighbor of mine, had the newer one like this. Hers was stock though.
nissan_stagea_vip.jpg

Very cool conecpt. Performance wagon, what could go wrong?

Well, the manufacter bolted a tacky body kit to it. Tremendously uncool

I think it's a very charming car, ruined by the two by four they called a spoiler slapped on the back. The lesser models draw a better styling balance, though even then the car looks ten years older than it actually is.

There's a reason why modders gravitate towards the R34 front clip when it comes to buying cosmetic mods for Stageas.

I'd sooner choose any other version over the Autech. Better-looking and cooler without the additional body bits.

The aeshetics and exterior of the Stagea would give it an uncool rating, but the car is pretty much like an R34 in station wagon form. Cool.

It's a wagon (so it starts out pretty low on othe board) with a big ugly wing and body kit.

Seriously Uncool.

Always quite liked theses from a, "there's something quite appealing about a fast wagon" perspective.

But cool? Nope, not this one either. Too much GT-R fanboyism about them, and you'd be forever having to explain to bystanders why you own an even uglier Volvo wagon.

I can't see the purpose of a wagon tuned this way. Some other wagons like the CTS-V wagon are different because GM did the tuning with its own parts. Nissan getting other brands involved just makes the car seem distasteful to me, even if they were sold as is.

If I want a tuned car I want an actual sports car, with two doors. Not a station wagon. It just doesn't make sense that this car exists, even if it is awesome. It's pointless, which makes it uncool. The wide body kit knocks it down even more.

Seriously Uncool.

I can't see the purpose of a wagon tuned this way. Some other wagons like the CTS-V wagon are different because GM did the tuning with its own parts. Nissan getting other brands involved just makes the car seem distasteful to me, even if they were sold as is.

How do you mean? If you mean stuff like the Brembo brakes, I don't see the reason why that's a bad thing, especially since the CTS-V you mentioned itself has Brembos on it.

If I want a tuned car I want an actual sports car, with two doors. Not a station wagon. It just doesn't make sense that this car exists, even if it is awesome. It's pointless, which makes it uncool.
So you don't want people with children to have sporty cars? Why?

Awesome thing, but eww on the body kit. Uncool.

Autech is a Nissan subsidiary.

If I want a tuned car I want an actual sports car, with two doors. Not a station wagon. It just doesn't make sense that this car exists, even if it is awesome. It's pointless, which makes it uncool.

Why does sporty and practical have to be mutually exclusive?

Sub-zero. I'm biased towards Japanese cars, but then again, this thing is epic. It was (I think) the fastest wagon for it's time, and I will get some hate here, but it's underrated. I don't really hear about this car often, and I bet no GT-R fanboy has heard about this car. Besides, RB26DETT = Automatic Sub-Zero. Unless it's god damn ugly.

Last edited:
How do you mean? If you mean stuff like the Brembo brakes, I don't see the reason why that's a bad thing, especially since the CTS-V you mentioned itself has Brembos on it.

The BBS wheels- it's like Nissan got lazy and couldn't design a wheel for their own car. However I could see how using BBS, especially for a Japanese car, might increase sales.

Autech is a Nissan subsidiary.

Alright, I wasn't aware of that. If they were sold in the U.S. I could be more acquainted with the brand, although it's my ignorance, of course.

So you don't want people with children to have sporty cars? Why?

Why does sporty and practical have to be mutually exclusive?

Although I can't find the new sale price online (which is frustrating), I'm assuming these things cost at least $40,000 new- with that kind of money you can get a minivan for Mom and a used Porsche for dad, or some other used sports car. You could get two cars, one of which is an actual sports car, for the same price as a tuned wagon, gaining the practicality of having two cars over one.

The BBS wheels- it's like Nissan got lazy and couldn't design a wheel for their own car. However I could see how using BBS, especially for a Japanese car, might increase sales.

Alright, I wasn't aware of that. If they were sold in the U.S. I could be more acquainted with the brand, although it's my ignorance, of course.

Although I can't find the new sale price online (which is frustrating), I'm assuming these things cost at least $40,000 new- with that kind of money you can get a minivan for Mom and a used Porsche for dad, or some other used sports car. You could get two cars, one of which is an actual sports car, for the same price as a tuned wagon, gaining the practicality of having two cars over one.
Subaru STIs have been using BBS wheels since day 1.

Stupid point tbh, it's like saying they should of made there own seats then get Recaro to do it.

Subaru STIs have been using BBS wheels since day 1.

...So? The STI is a very similar car to this Nissan.

Stupid point tbh, it's like saying they should of made there own seats then get Recaro to do it.

Surely you can think of another adjective to describe my opinion than "stupid", can't you? Seats are a totally different matter than wheels. Wheels make up the body of the car, and are part of it's appearance while seats are much less so. It makes perfect sense for the same designers to design the entirety of a car's exterior, rather than multiple brands doing different parts of it.

Back