Body Style:
2-door coupe
Engine: 1.6 I4 (B16A4)
Power: 160 hp
Torque: 111 ft-lbs
Weight: 1100 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engine, front wheel drive
Additional Information: In 1998, Honda reintroduced the Civic Si, this time as a coupe only. It featured a powerful 1.6 litre Inline 4 engine producing 160HP and 111 FT-LBS of torque and Si became the main sports brand for Civic's in the United States. It did 0-60 in 7.1 seconds and averaging 30 MPG. Changes from the standard Civic included stiffer, progressive-rate springs, stiffer front and rear anti-roll bars, and a tower brace, which contributed to a flatter-cornering ride. It was available with a five-speed manual transmission only, standard equipment also including disc brakes all around. Aesthetic exterior changes from the LX/EX trims were minimal, with the Si trim package featuring a lower-profile and wider 15-inch wheel/tire package, a subtle chin-spoiler, painted side sills, and Si badging. There are power locks, power windows, a cd-player, cruise control, air conditioning, power sunroof, and tilt steering. For the interior, the sixth generation Si also had tilt adjustment for the bottom cushion, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, remote keyless entry, and red-faced instrumentation with Si branding.​
DSCF0016.JPG

honda-civic-2000-si-stock-6etoorwdj.jpg
Untitled.png

10911862475_28fe8a1b29_b.jpg

This is what all the "Grass, gas, or ass", "No fat chicks", "JDM as 🤬", and "Illest" stickers are on around here.

Consequently, they're all low enough to drag on a leaf, and all of them are either wrapped matte black, or have a horrible spraycan paint job.

A good car, ruined by the fact it became a little too affordable, ricers got a hold of it.

If you were to own this car, you would have to say 'I drive a Civic' unironically, which is possibly the least cool thing you can ever say. SU, which is unfortunate because I'm sure it's a perfectly reasonable car otherwise.

Affordable, good MPG, great deal of aftermarket support, and easy to turn into a fun little corner carver for the weekends at a relatively decent price. Unfortunately, it'll be pretty darn hard to find one that hasn't been beat to hell and back. I'll go with a low cool.

Another Civic... :grumpy:

BUT!

Jumps to Meh because some riced ones are funny as hell :lol:, and because NFSU2.

The official car of aftermarket foglights and $500 Regamaster replicas.

I will give it some credit though. The people who have these have grown up a bit since the turn of the century, and the typical crowd you think about will usually stray towards the lower trim sedans and hatchbacks, which we are not discussing at the moment.

Uncool.

The car of choice for ricers, teenagers who just got their first car, and "car fans" who know almost nothing about cars.

Seriously, seriously uncool.

I always liked the simple lines of it. I have a twin-test between it and an MKIV GTI VR6 burned into my memory from one of the American rags. This is definitely cooler than the VW.

But, I suppose the main question is this: are they running Spoon engines?!

Wrong, SZ because of it. I mean look at this babies those under glows must give the thing 20hp from residual heat alone and they're green which obviously means "fast" and yet "furious"

maxresdefault.jpg

I tuned my car!

Ow cool, what did you do to it?

It haz neonz now.

A guy at college owns a blue one, and I distinctly remember that because it's 100% stock, and is the only stock one I can think of in my area.

Meh, since I don't mind these despite most being ruined by the "JDM tyte y0" crowd.

I remember driving this in NFS: Underground 2. Was a pretty good FF car. Shame we don't see it in any other video game, would've driven the hell out of it.

I like Honda cars, but this is ricer heaven right here. Gets a Meh from me. Shame. :indiff:

Don't know that much about the Si aside from it being in Need for Speed Underground, which essentially makes it Seriously Uncool based on that fact alone.

However it's more of a Meh car thanks to the sedan "VTi" variants we got here not being riced all that much and instead just being a relatively bland Honda.

Uncool.

Just typed in "1998 Honda Civic Si" into Google Image search, along with the other two model years this post outlines, and the vast majority of the results are riced. I think that explains the general culture surrounding this car. Objectively, it would be an awesome daily driver to have. The culture that surrounds it however makes an otherwise "meh" car seriously uncool.

A Civic with a boot?

First car. Amazing machine.

This polled thing? Looking at that interior reminds me of my old car, minus the Rover fake wood paneling. It's not an awful looking car but let's flag down a taxi and head for Real Street.

Seriously Uncool

An fine commuter that was ruined by the "ricer movement" as I call it.

Uncool because Meh for a normal one + SU for a riced one = Uncool

Bah, I forgot that the Civic trio in the first movie wasn't this generation, but the EG. Woops.

Must be why I voted SU :sly: but yeah that was part of the joke and why I posted the picture of what is a 95 Civic.

Glad you said something to clear it up though, so it doesn't go further than it had.

Latest Posts

Back