United States
New York
Jahgee1124
1998-2002 BMW M Coupe nominated by @SlipZtrEm
bmw+m+coupe+3.jpg

Engines:
3.2L I6 S50, 3.2L I6 S52, 3.2L I6 S54
Power: S50: 316 hp; S52: 240 hp; S54 EU: 325 hp; S54 NA: 315 hp
Torque: S50: 258 lb-ft.; S52: 240 lb-ft.; S52 EU: 261 lb-ft.; S54 NA: 252 lb-ft.
Weight: 1420 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 3-door shooting brake​

High cool because of its funky shape. Roadster would be a very low cool.

Too bad the US market Ms are so under-powered compared to the Euro models.

I used to hate these for no particular reason but now they come across as a rather snazzy Beamer.

Cool.

I'm generally not a fan of modern BMW's but I think this one deserves a cool.

Natural bias towards BMW aside, I think this car's uniqueness, without at the same time needing explaining, plus the glorious engines - coupled with the fact it's not a roadster makes it cool.

Even as a Bimmerphile, the Z3 generally leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, but the coupe saves the Z3 from doom in my mind, and the fact that the Z3 Coupe in question happens to have an S designation engine under the bonnet makes me smile.

I used to belive these to be fake. Turns out they're pretty damn cool. The funkiness of it's shape, the I6 engine and the fact that it doesn't look anything like it's cousin, the seriously uncool Z3, makes it above average BMW cool.

Love it. Fantastic engine, it's rare, and it looks unique.

Shooting brakes are almost always cool, and this one is no different.

I don't understand the hate for the Roadster. They're very zippy cars, my parents have owned two of them.

The clown shoe. It's beautiful in an almost ugly way. Fast as hell, and came with some nice interior colors. Plus a BMW I6 which makes everything better. Definitely not Sub-Zero, but a solid cool.

Normally Z3s aren't cool (in my opinion). But I'll make an exception because it looks weird.

Cool.

Much cooler than the roadster version, and is still better looking than the Z4M Coupe today. Only thing dragging it down is that it eventually inspired the design of the Ferrari FF.

Always loved this car, still catches my eye every time one is on the road near me (and more often than not I find myself wanting to buy whatever used one I see on a lot).

Subzero for me. Its just cool because its funky. I have always wanted on. And for me to like a BMW is something special.

Coolness of big three German luxury brands chance quite often, in the late 90s BMW was seriously uncool Mercedes-Benz was uncool and Audi was cool in very short time Mercedes and BMW have become cool and Audi has turned to be seriously uncool. Most 90s BMWs are still seriously uncool due to Amis Bemari (feel free to ask), but this one doesn't have that image. It's quite small, good looking, shooting brake BMW that is fun to drive. Cool.

All the way up until I was 15 from 8 we were invited to the local BMW dealer annual test drive to fight cancer or whatever. My dad would always pick the 540 year after year (the obvious cause for my love of luxury car exhaust notes) firs, before moving on to whatever they had with a V12 and stopping off with the X5 or the smallest car they had with the biggest six, but one year me an him started off with one of these because it was the first (and last) year they had an M in the rotation. To this day we both can remember how many times the option presented itself to do a full first gear burnout in the time we were in it, even though the testing course was essentially a full lap of the Inner Loop and some surface streets.

And that we obviously weren't the first to realize it, since the rear tires were almost bald before we even got into it.

Uncool. I love everything about this car and it's on my short list of vehicles I'd actually spend really money on one day. Those wide hips and the goofy hatch design make it really stand out design wise and makes it's slightly practical. However, even though I love this car, I can't deny you'd look like a massive d-bag driving one of these around.

Back