Engines:
2.0L H4
Power: 280 hp
Torque: 253 lb-ft.
Weight: 1450 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, all wheel drive
Body Styles: 4-door sedan​

I like it. Always found sportier Legacys (Legacies?) a little redundant because Impreza, but they also make a pleasant change. Can't fault the engineering, snappy performance too and I like the looks.

Well, I obviously voted S-Z.

Because:
  • Subaru (although trust me, I don't like every Subaru *cough* Baja and B9 Tribeca *cough*)
  • Good looking
  • Has the most unique spoiler shape ever and I love that
  • Almost 300 hp in a sedan that's usually just a normal commuter car

The body kit and having the name of one of Santa's reindeer knock it down to Seriously Uncool land.

I absolutely love the Legacy. I think it's a gorgeous and incredibly desirable car. However, the bodykit on this is really stupid. It's definitely not cool.

I thought we voted on this already? I seem to remember saying "Blitzen" sounded dumb and therefore seriously uncool, which is what I'm going to do to this car too.

I thought we voted on this already? I seem to remember saying "Blitzen" sounded dumb and therefore seriously uncool, which is what I'm going to do to this car too.
We voted on a later-gen Blitzen, not this one, IIRC.

Yeah, that was the 4th Generation Liberty "Blitzen" that I nominated, this is the 3rd Generation Legacy Blitzen, ie. The proper Blitzen.

Cool as-is, sub-zero as a wagon or in black. Rounds out to a high Cool.

I absolutely adore these. One of my favourite Legacys, but I'd probably only have one in wagon. Though the spoiler is epic. And Blitzen is an amazing name.

If it was the pictured in the OP, seriously uncool. If it was black, very high cool.

70007039722013062800200.jpg

P1010184.jpg

Hides much of the tackiness. Looks great in blue too:

2002_subaru_legacy_blitzen_turbo_100825086473462128.jpg

87e96au-960.jpg

05.jpg

And for those who don't like the spoiler (@Dagger311 you said you would like it with a different spoiler), here you go.

05.jpg

Yeah, that was the 4th Generation Liberty "Blitzen" that I nominated, this is the 3rd Generation Legacy Blitzen, ie. The proper Blitzen.

Cool as-is, sub-zero as a wagon or in black. Rounds out to a high Cool.

Why not both?

post-59119-1231665724.jpg

post-59119-1231665757.jpg

:drool:

Got a bit carried away on the pictures. :embarrassed:

Very high cool. A bit left-field and often forgotten about, the Blitzen is one of the best cars to ever come out of Subaru in my opinion. Very good looking (even with the flamboyant spoiler), powered by a twin turbo Boxer engine, bits of body designed by Porsche, rare and sedate enough that you would only ever attract the attention of someone who knew what it is, especially in wagon form. And it was fun to blast around Seattle Circuit in GT3, which does cloud my judgement somewhat, but I still think it's a cool car regardless. Hell, when it becomes financially viable and I'm in need of a four-door saloon/sedan, this will be my main choice.

Like them, but I don't find them particularly 'cool'. A bit too nerdy and appealing exclusively to car fans, but this would not stop me wanting to own one.

Uncool

Like them, but I don't find them particularly 'cool'. A bit too nerdy and appealing exclusively to car fans, but this would not stop me wanting to own one.

Uncool

This to a tee. Like it a lot, but I know, like a vast amount of Subarus, it is not a particularly cool car.

Back