Engines:
6.0L V12 (AMG)
Power: 389 hp
Torque: 420 lb-ft.
Weight: 1350 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Mid engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe
Additional Info: "Born from the passion of a little boy, the Zonda C12 is the first Pagani supercar to be constructed at the atelier of San Cesario sul Panaro.

The bodywork, inspired to the Silver arrows of the Mercedes C group, encloses the essence of an unmistakable wind, where art and science beautifully combine to create a unique symphony, fascinating and bewildering at the same time.

And like a passionate lover, the melodious performance arises from the engine and gradually grows to a fascinating and vertiginous crescendo until blazing bright blue flames come spurting out from the 4–stroke exhaust system."​
pagani_zonda_c12_country_side.jpg

Pagani-Zonda-C12.jpg

1999-pagani-zonda-c12-4.jpg

Pagani-Zonda-C12_19992.jpg

pagani-zonda-c12-s-interior.jpg

A perfect example of what can be achieved when a car is designed by one man (who knows what he's doing) instead of 'designed by committee' like every other supercar.

But still a supercar and it does have some questionable detailing IMO. So still uncool.

I need to make a proper additional info section rather than the short description i found on their website.

But from me: upon research I was surprised that these guys got more than just the Mercedes Engine. They intended a road version of this:

classic_virtueller-rundgang_exponate_Sauber-Mercedes-Gruppe-C-Rennsportwagen-C9_660x602.jpg

While racecars are never cool, the Zonda isn't, and it's always a pleasure to see some old school.

Last edited:
Didn't Polyphony Digital touch this Zonda up in GT6? It's always been a favorite in the third installment, but forgettable in GT5.

Solid cool. Started off the new Italian supercar bedroom wall posters for young kids.

Although I'd prefer the later Zonda models.

Can only be a 'cool', especially when compared to other hypercars like a McLaren F1.

Modern supercar, nearly all of which are very uncool IMO. Never much cared for Zondas either, thought they were odd looking. Plus <65hp/L? C'mon...

SU.

Remember when they tried to drive a Zonda out of a car park in Paris in Top Gear. Even though that was only Top Gear, it's still impossibly uncool to drive a car that's so hard to get over a curb.

This car is beautiful, especially with the exhaust placement :D

Easy cool. Much more simple and clean than the earlier cars. I've always thought the Zonda, especially the original models, looks really cool.

Only one of these exists (it is reportedly owned by a lady in Switzerland), all other C12 Zondas have been crashed or upgraded to 7.0 or 7.3 litre specifications. As such, there are now more R390 GT1s in existence than 6L Zondas. I love all pre-760 Zondas, but this iteration is creeping towards mythical unicorn status.

Last edited:
It's called a "Zonda". It has a Mercedes engine, it has 4 exhaust pipes and is built with pride, passion and utmost attention to detail. It also has the craziest design ever. Sub Zero

Saved from SU for reasons.. Still nothing more than a hodgepodge of OPP (other peoples parts) using a boat anchor for power.

Seriously uncool. Never thought these look particularly good and always reminded me of a kit car someone built in their garage. They also have a weird, rampant fan-base, which I find strange since the car is relatively unknown.

Only one of these exists (it is reportedly owned by a lady in Switzerland), all other C12 Zondas have been crashed or upgraded to 7.0 or 7.3 litre specifications. As such, there are now more R390 GT1s in existence than 6L Zondas. I love all pre-760 Zondas, but this iteration is creeping towards mythical unicorn status.

I remember reading that Horacio Pagani himself offered the lady an obscene amount of money and a new Zonda in return for the last remaining C12 but she declined.

Back