Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
1999-2003 Audi S3 nominated by @Katiegan
Audi-S3-UK-spec-2001%E2%80%932003-1.jpg

Engines:
1.8L Turbo I4 (Audi APY/AMK/BAM)
Power: APY/AMK: 207 hp; BAM: 222 hp
Torque: APY/AMK: 199 lb-ft.; BAM: 207 lb-ft.
Weight: 1420 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, four wheel drive
Body Styles: 3-door hatchback​

Chances are, it's not really a S3, but just an A3 diesel, driven by an idiot who thinks he's fooling someone.

An Audi that attracts the same sort of drivers who currently thrash about in some of the other A4 platform hot hatches (or warm hatch in case of the Mk 4 Golf GTI). Thought at least you could get versions of the Golf and Cupra with a VR6.

Uncool. The lot of them.

Last edited:
An Audi that attracts the same sort of drivers who currently thrash about in some of the other A4 platform hot hatches (or warm hatch in case of the Mk 4 Golf GTI). Thought at least you could get versions of the Golf and Cupra with a VR6.

Uncool. The lot of them.

This. But seriously.

It is an old Audi A3, and it doesn't have a VR6. Then, you have to live with the bad reputation that most Audi owners have, which starts with a "c" and ends with a "k". The other VAG Group hot hatches of the S3's time at least had some cool features, like @Wiegert said.

Not quite good enough. Uncool.

SU. Old Audi hatchback. Not a classic, just old.

When I do see these, they're always being driven by young badge snobs who didn't want a Golf because "Ew VW."

Sub Zero. AWD, 6-speed transmission, 3-door hatchback and plenty of performance potential, not to mention cheap parts due to parts bin sharing with VW..

It is an old Audi A3, and it doesn't have a VR6. Then, you have to live with the bad reputation that most Audi owners have, which starts with a "c" and ends with a "k". The other VAG Group hot hatches of the S3's time at least had some cool features, like @Wiegert said.

Not quite good enough. Uncool.

Well I was born with one, blame nature, pretty sure there are plenty more of those out there no matter the make of transportation :lol: :scared:

Owning one, I need to put the SZ to it too. @Leonidae@MFT pretty much got it. AWD+Turbo = :D

Just FYI, the 1.8t is lighter, cheaper, more reliable than the VR6...And Audi never owned the VR6. Also better built quality than the variants of it (GTI/Curpa)

Back