Engines:
5.9L V12
Power: 420 hp
Torque: 400 lb-ft.
Weight: Vantage: 1780 kg; Volante: 1875 kg
Transmission: 5-speed automatic, 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe, 2-door convertible
Additional Info: "This is the newer, revised, version of the old I6 DB7 (1994 - 1999 version), featuring a new 420 bhp 5.9L engine and more aggressive styling cues."​
aston-martin-db7-vantage-volante-1999-images-2.jpg

aston-martin-db7-vantage-volante.jpg

Aston_Martin_DB7_V12_Vantage_-_Flickr_-_The_Car_Spy_(5).jpg

114_634169654846093750.JPG

images_aston-martin_db7_1999_2.jpg

db7_vantage_interior.jpg

Simple but elegant design, even if it was a spruced-up failed Jaguar concept, the DB7 is still a pleasing design in my eyes. Now, the SZ rating is reserved for the GT/GTA, because that is the ultimate (and best) take on the DB7 concept. But really, the Vantage/Volante is an equally good sports car, capable of holding its own (despite the heavy weight of the thing).

A high Cool for me, especially with a manual transmission.

One of the best looking cars to come out of the '90s. Not quite as cool as the Vanquish but still a solid cool.

I'll have my DB7 in GT flavour.

I actually think that while the DB9 looks better than the DB7, the DB7 is a cooler car. I am kinda struggling to think why though, has an X Factor that I can't put my finger on.

I'll mill over it but it's definitely a Sub-Zero because Aston Martin in any case.

I've always thought the DB7 is kind of a bland car...

But I can't give a meh to an Aston Martin. Cool.

Just misses the SZ quote thanks to a frightening interior. Everything else, be it the sound, the looks, or the badge, helps it rate very highly. Plus, it was before Aston got into the fussy, overtly sporting design cues that would ruin an otherwise elegant DB9 by calling it a DBS.

Sub Zero, V12 Aston sports car.

To call this a sports car is a wee bit of a stretch.

It's an updated XJ-S underneath, and I can't imagine that that Fatty V12 in the front does wonders to the handling, compared to the L6.

The V12 Jag is an understeering pig of a car, especially with the roof chopped off. This is pretty much the same car and most likely will follow the same path straight on in corners.

Low cool, the whole package does something. Supercharged 6 was better though.

To call this a sports car is a wee bit of a stretch.

It's an updated XJ-S underneath, and I can't imagine that that Fatty V12 in the front does wonders to the handling, compared to the L6.

The V12 Jag is an understeering pig of a car, especially with the roof chopped off. This is pretty much the same car and most likely will follow the same path straight on in corners.

Low cool, the whole package does something. Supercharged 6 was better though.
Grand tourer was probably a more accurate term, but I still consider it a sports car.

I don't think the DB7 has aged gracefully, it very much looks like a car from the early 2000's when design still had a whiff of the uninspiring 90's. So looking at it against today's cars, I don't think it really stands out as cool, but Aston's are almost never uncool, so I suppose I'll go with a very low cool rating on it.

There is just something less cool about the DB7 compared to the DB9. I think it is a combination of the fact that it falls aesthetically short of the DB9 (McCallum's Callum's and Fisker's magnum opus), Pierce Brosnan isn't quite as 'cool' as Daniel Craig and its most common owner in my state seems to be old dentists.

Last edited:
There is just something less cool about the DB7 compared to the DB9. I think it is a combination of the fact that it falls aesthetically short of the DB9 (McCallum's magnum opus), Daniel Craig never drove that generation in 007 and its most common owner in my state seems to be old dentists.

The DB9 can't be considered McCallum's work exclusively, as Fisker also worked on it (and the Vantage) before he left to form his Coachbuild company.

Back