Weight: 1355 kg
Transmission: 5-speed Getrag F23 manual
4-speed GM 4T40-E automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, front-wheel drive​

2001-saturn-l-series-2.jpg
2001-saturn-l-300-cars-in-chicago-il.jpg
83d9cbd4fb_640.jpg
46025109.jpg

I usually try not to reflexively vote immediately after seeing a car, but c'mon. It fails just about every cool test you could possibly think of in every single field. SU

Anyone that votes higher then Meh really has to take a look at their taste in cars.
Not necessarily. Some people actually think cars like these are somewhat cool, such as myself.

Low cool.

I think this is the Saturn badged version of the Opel/Vauxhall Vectra. So yeah, I suppose that makes it uncool.

EDIT: Wait, I know another reason why the L-Series is uncool. The Vauxhall counterpart was driven by Vernon Dursley. He's one of the characters in "Harry Potter" that I hate the most.

Is that a shot at the 'Murica brigade and Adamgp in particular?
Not really, it's a shot at clearly a boring tasteless car.

I mean those people are going to vote based on how American a car is regardless, even though the car is very much a German Vectra.

Slightly better than anything GM foisted upon Saturn in the following years, save for the Sky.

Not necessarily. Some people actually think cars like these are somewhat cool, such as myself.

"Cars like these" meaning mediocre midsized sedans that were almost directly marketed to the most milquetoast unhip people in the country?

Slightly better than anything GM foisted upon Saturn in the following years, save for the Sky.
Like the emergency restyle job the L series got.

Last edited:
More socially-acceptable to be seen in than any other GM midsize sedan of the time.

You could tell me that was the second-gen Neon or PT Cruiser dashboard and I'd believe you.

Seriously uncool.

Back