United Kingdom
2001-2007 Aston Martin V12 Vanquish / Vanquish S nominated by @Neddo

DOwMPea.jpg

Body Style: 2-door coupe
Engine: 5.9L V12 AMV12
Power Output: 460-520 hp
Torque: 400-426 lbf-ft
Weight: 1835-1875 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual with Auto Shift Manual/Select Shift Manual (ASM/SSM) electro-hydraulic control system
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear wheel drive​
aston_martin_vanquish_s_white_profile_2007.jpg

2004-aston-martin-vanquish-s-3.jpg

2001-aston-martin-v12-vanquish.jpg

ASTONMARTINVanquish-1477_7.jpg

cf4289147a6639ff5379c3a438b12662.jpg

aston-martin-v12-vanquish-interior.jpg

2001-aston-martin-v12-van-40_600x0w.jpg

Not quite as nice as the DB7, but a much better whack at modernization of it than any of the Not!DB7s Aston has made since.

Not as pretty as the DB9 of that vintage. Rubbish (I could use a stronger word, but that would engage the swear filter) gearbox. Not very reliable. Horrendously expensive to run... and a 599 is on another level all together.

They do make a nice noise though.

Uncool.

Sub'd with a quickness (alongside @daan, it seems).

So much classier than the slatted-up nonsense that was the DBS. Sure, it looks a little hefty with those chunky rear arches, but I think it's aged spectacularly. It looks mean without looking too flash, squatter than the longer second-gen Vanquish that exists now. A brute in a tailored suit.

Ferrari was just about to kill the great looking 575 to replace it with the ugly 599. While that arrived with 100 horsepower more, and is undoubtedly the better drive, it was about as cool as walking around in a suit made of dollar bills.

It should be noted that AM Works would swap in a manual if you asked nicely handed them a fair stack of cash.

It's an Aston, it's pretty, has that musical V12, but mention to another person that this car was in Die Another Day and you will end up getting slapped.

Uncool.

Attractive and muscular looks that make the DB9 look flat, with all the class you'd expect from a 21st century Aston. It would be cruel of me to mark it down for being associated with that one Joke Bond outing. Real-life presence easily outweighs mind-numbing fiction.

Sub Zero.

I loved these when they first appeared, were part of Aston's ongoing renaissance after the DB7 but then I got bored of them a little quickly, looks-wise. Then oddly, because every Aston since (with some exotic exceptions) has looked almost the same, I've been drawn back to these and fallen in love with them again. Never actually seen one either. Like most Astons, very fast but sits slightly uncomfortably between high-performance GT and supercar. Love that V12 though. Very high Cool, nudging SZ.

Probably a fine car, and nice V12.

But it's a modern Aston with copy/paste design, plus owners who like to describe their preference for the preparation of martini cocktails.

So much classier than the slatted-up nonsense that was the DBS.
Is the DBS that flashy? I think it looks pretty plain in the grand scheme of things. Compared to this, the vents make it a bit more interesting without giving up any "class".

Ferrari was just about to kill the great looking 575 to replace it with the ugly 599. While that arrived with 100 horsepower more, and is undoubtedly the better drive, it was about as cool as walking around in a suit made of dollar bills.
I can see where you were going with this, but to this day the 575 makes me think "that nose". The rear is nice, mostly because it's small.

Back to the Aston, I like most of their cars post DB9, but GT cars aren't my favorite class of vehicle. They outdo Porsche when it comes to pushing the same fascia for decades, but I'd rather get a Porsche.

It isn't a DB9 and it's got some street cred with respectable performance figures. Cool

Even next to the DB9, the DBS doesn't look excessive to me. The Vantage V12 with black louvers on white body pushes things for me, but I think it's more the colors than anything else.

Is the DBS that flashy? I think it looks pretty plain in the grand scheme of things. Compared to this, the vents make it a bit more interesting without giving up any "class".

The DBS always looked like a tarted-up DB9 to me. Some butch sills, a nostrily new bumper, and a lot of hood vents. From a certain perspective, I can understand the appeal based on it looking closer to the DBR9, but out-and-out "racy" can't really work with classy, IMO. The DB9 at the time was so much smoother.

In a similar way, I find the XKR-S far less Cool than the regular XKR, even if I'd rather drive the former.

I can see where you were going with this, but to this day the 575 makes me think "that nose". The rear is nice, mostly because it's small.

Well, I liked the 550's headlights more if I'm honest. I realize otherwise it's pretty much the same car. :P

Aston Martin is in the same league as the average French car for me. I hate them with a passion. Can't drive them for a week without something going wrong.

Original Vanquish is best Vanquish. Their looks are aging gracefully; somehow, I don't think the same will be said of the chinzy and twinkly models which have followed it, with their "look at me" paint options and awfully tacky bits of magpie bait.

Looking back at this is like looking back on an old girlfriend. One of the good ones, the classically beautiful one.

Cool

out of all of them...I always felt this was the most boring pig like one of all. I like Aston, but I'm not voting based on my like of the company. And thus I give this one an uncool, cause with what you spent you could have had something else just as cool from them or from another make...

Back