Body Style: 4-door sedan
Engine: 5.7L Chrysler Prototype V8
Power: 363 hp
Torque: 395 lb-ft
Weight: 1633 kg
Transmission: 4-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear wheel drive
Additional information:
A prototype 353 cu. in. (5.7-liter) pushrod V-8 engine featuring hemispherical combustion chambers and two spark plugs per cylinder powers the Dodge Super8 Hemi concept. Its estimated 353 horsepower (263 kW) and 395 lb.-ft. (536 Nom) of torque are delivered to the rear wheels via a four-speed AutoStick® manumatic transmission, allowing the vehicle to reach 60 mph. (97 kph) in less than six seconds and clock a top speed of 154 mph. (248 kph).
The concept's independent suspension with modified MacPherson struts in front delivers precise steering, while the five-link coil-over-shock rear set-up further enhances the ride and handling.
The Dodge Super8 Hemi's interior pays homage to the legendary vehicles of the 1950s, featuring a combination of brushed and painted aluminum gauges and trim. The concept's ornate instrument panel recalls the era's characteristic shapes while adding sophisticated and high-tech appeal.​

2001dodge_super8hemi_a01.jpg
Dodge-Super8_Hemi_Concept-2001-1024-08.jpg
Dodge-Super8_Hemi_Concept-2001-1024-07.jpg
2001_Dodge_Super_8_Hemi_Concept_Interior_01.jpg
ab384fef64e5f91df4f2c1c56502ecd8.jpg

First reaction: :lol:

I can't really remember the last time when seeing a car by an actual car manufacturer made me laugh out loud though, so I'll at least give it that.

That actually sent the 'oh god that's terrible' shiver down my spine the second I saw it. SSU

The roof pillars.... Just.... Why?

Seriously Uncool.

A heavy-handed attempt at reminding people of simpler times:

a56_buick_century5.jpg

I forgot how ugly this thing was. That it's also a concept means an easy SU for me.

Never knew this existed, probably a good thing I didn't know.

SU

Err... Why did someone stick a modern Dodge grill on the back of a squashed Ford Anglia and then chrome plate it?

Ah, this is actually a concept car I knew about for a long time. I had a couple of toy Super 8s when I was a kid and then I saw it featured in Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition Remix. When I first saw it, I thought it was just another Charger concept, but uglier than the 1999 charger concept before it. Now that I learned what this car was meant to be, I find it a bit more interesting.

Anyhow, does that make it cool? Nope, not cool at all. I looks too bulky and ugly for an attempt to homage back to the Dodges of the old days and the classic style roofline just doesn't work with this body. In which, that's why I voted seriously uncool.

I'm not repulsed by it exactly, but I'd still laugh if I saw one in the street. So thank God it's a concept.

Seriously Uncool.

I actually had to take a closer look at the car for a minute to work out how to describe its looks. "Deeply upsetting" is what I've come up with.
Seriously uncool.

Genuinely let out a loud gasp when I saw the image. That's the ugliest car I've seen in a very long time. Is that seriously a real car? Really?

SUBCC

And also the fact it's horrible. Looks like someone reversed the roof of a car and gave it a really ugly front grill and called it a day. Hideous, horrible, beyond ugly. We applauded the Prowler effort, not this

Must have been designed by a blind man. SU.

I'm also seeing some future Chrysler 300 on the rear but the rest...blegh.

The front window looks like it was taken from a Jeep Wrangler. What even in the world is this?

SU

Back