Engines:
2.6L Twin Turbo I6 (RB26DETT)
Power: 542 hp
Torque: Unknown
Weight: 1000 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Mid engine, four wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe
Additional Info: "Claimed to hit 210 MPH, 0-60 in 3.3 seconds. Was supposed to cost 90,000 Dollars."​
attachment.php

Tommy_Kaira_ZZII_rear.jpg

wzzii_001.jpg

tommy_kaira_zzii_2.jpg

ASLRS014.jpg

TK-ZZII_interior.jpg

It probably could have been cool if they'd gone ahead with production. Though the basic design survived long enough to be used for the new EV which looks considerably better than this concept anyway.

Last edited:
Love this car but even if it did make production, it would still get an Uncool vote from me.

Oh yeah, I remember one could make those massively overpowered in GT4 if you tuned them correctlyiously uncool.

Cost 90k?

Well, it looks like it's priced that way.

OOOH!

But seriously: i think the interiors of some cheaper cars look a lot better.

Has all the right ingredients to be righteously cool, but it's basically Rainbow Unicorn Poop.

Meh.

I've always thought it looked like a miniature Saleen S7, at least in the front. The roof intakes actually look really good. Great-looking car, especially coming from Japan. And over 500 horsepower from that tiny engine is very impressive, especially considering it came from 2000, and it only weighs 1000 kilos. The only bad thing I can think of is it's name, which is pretty silly-sounding if you ask me.

Although almost no one has heard of it who hasn't played Gran Turismo, it's a Sub-Zero. Nearly a perfect supercar.

EDIT: Hold the phone, I thought this thing got produced. Concepts are never cool.

Uncool... although I did vote SZ.

What's wrong with concept cars?

They aren't real cars. They are pretty much by definition museum pieces for the era they were made in. Something you go in a museum and gawk at because of the theory of what it could do can't be cool. Even development mules fall under it since they are just rough analogues of actual cars when they go on sale.

If they eventually lead to real cars then they can get a pass so long as they are sufficiently related and can even be cooler than the production car if they are a bit more wild or whatever in design (think: 1989 Viper) or if they were sufficiently engineered from the start that they can be driven in anger rather than babied around a track at 30MPH (think: most of Italdesign's private constructions); but if the manufacturer spends several years assuring people how awesome it is going to be when they make it and then don't actually make it, they end up even worse.

What's wrong with concept cars?

This one gets a cool from me. I wish it was a production car.

Exactly- most concept cars are good ideas and the ones that don't get produced would have been cool. The reasons they aren't are usually because the marque selling it is afraid it won't sell well, or that they might lose money on it. The car that would have been sold ends up as lost potential. It should have been great, but it was held back by its creators. That's not cool.

Take the Ford GT90, for example. It might have been the fastest production car in the world had it been produced.

Dodge Copperhead? Would have been an entry-level Viper. Probably wouldn't have sold well, but it would have been better if it existed unsuccessfully than if it didn't exist at all, which it didn't.

TVR Cerbera Speed 12? Could have been the most powerful production car in existence. Was never built because of TVR's buzzkill test driver. "Unusable on the road", he said.

They aren't real cars. They are pretty much by definition museum pieces for the era they were made in. Something you go in a museum and gawk at because of the theory of what it could do can't be cool. Even development mules fall under it since they are just rough analogues of actual cars when they go on sale.

If they eventually lead to real cars then they can get a pass so long as they are sufficiently related and can even be cooler than the production car if they are a bit more wild or whatever in design (think: 1989 Viper) or if they were sufficiently engineered from the start that they can be driven in anger rather than babied around a track at 30MPH (think: most of Italdesign's private constructions); but if the manufacturer spends several years assuring people how awesome it is going to be when they make it and then don't actually make it, they end up even worse.
Yeah, there's good number of concept cars I admire like this one, but it's kind of disappointing to know the fact that they will most likely never see the light of production, despite how unique it looks or how well it could perform.

Back