4-door sedan
Engine: 2.5 L QR25DE I4
Power: 175 hp
Torque: 180 lb-ft
Weight: 1230 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engine, front wheel drive
Additional Information:
The Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V was the sport compact version of the Nissan Sentra. Its engine was the 2.5-liter QR25DE unit originally created for the Nissan Altima. The engine produced 175 hp (130 kW) at 6000 rpm and 180 lb·ft (244 N·m) of torque at 4000 rpm. It came standard with a six-speed RS6F51H manual transmission and a helical Torsen limited slip differential.

The car's handling was aided with the factory-tuning of the car's suspension and the addition of low-profile 17-inch wheels. A front strut tower brace, extra-firm springs, revised shock damping, firmer front polyurethane bushings, dual-tip muffler, plus front and rear stabilizer bars were also standard. Standard brakes were vented discs for the front brakes and solid discs at the rear, or optional Brembo brakes for the 2004 to 2006 year models. A four-wheel anti-lock braking system was also optional on non-Brembo models, which was packaged with front-seat side-impact air bags.

This model also came with a standard race-inspired sporty interior, such as Nissan Skyline inspired seats and a thick leather-wrapped steering wheel. Other optional features at the time included a Rockford Fosgate 300-watt nine-speaker audio system (with an 8-inch (200 mm) subwoofer in the trunk), six-disc autochanger, and a power sunroof. Other equipment include sportier-looking headlights with black surrounding the silver reflectors, standard fog-lights, lower-body sill extensions and a rear spoiler.

Initially, for 2002 and 2003, the SE-R Spec V (along with the SE-R) was given an aggressive front fascia (styled after the Skyline GT-R) with side still extensions and rear trunk-mounted spoiler. Originally, speculation arose surrounding the Spec V designation being a play on the GT-R V-Spec Skyline name. This speculation has been proven to be true with the introduction of the R35 GT-R Spec V in North America. The Spec V designation is due to the fact that for some unknown legal reason Nissan cannot use the V-Spec title in the US market.

2003_nissan_sentra_se-r_spec_v-pic-46953-1600x1200.jpeg

04-06_Nissan_Sentra_SE-R.jpg

4667180_09245_2003-nissan-sentra_003.JPG

Sentra2003010.jpg~original.jpg
46432652.jpg

Last edited:
A Sentra with boy racer grounds that's more like an eleventh generation Skyline sedan than a Sentra. @AudiMan2011 further backs my claim.

Don't care about Ricers or what idiots do to the car. Simple fact is that it represents a segment of the market I like... Small, fun, affordable.

Always had a soft spot for this car even though I never bought one.

My brother owned a 2002 SE-R. The QR25 is pretty quick, but the way it sounds when flogged makes you feel like you are hurting it. I went with uncool. In some ways the regular Sentra SE with the SR20DE would be more fun to drive, since they are more enthusiastic sounding, and smoother than the QR.

That front end drops it from a Cool down to an Uncool. Eww...

Does it sort of look like a fish face or is it just me?

It's a slab of generic car mass with ricey bits thrown in and the spirit of an entire era that's gone for good.

Seriously uncool.

I don't think using yellow almost exclusively was a particularly smart choice when defining the coolness of a sub-compact such as this.

I've kinda liked these as a kid and still sort of like it now. Heck, I even made a thread for this car in the suggestions section. Is it cool though? Not really, it's become a car to attract the boy racer crown and their need to add tacky parts to. Also, the front bumper on the pre-facelift model looks a bit silly imo.

NFSU. Do I have to say more?

Though, I'm baffled @The87Dodge voted this a Cool. So much for a K-Car guy 'enthusiast' of sorts, I wasn't expecting him to vote this to be cool. Not judging him, but that's intriguing. o.O.

Unless you mean "cogito, ergo sum", that doesn't really make sense if you're referring to the car.

Latin for "I exist, therefore I am."

I liked how the car looked. It had the performance to match the boy-racer styling.
Meh.
Cogito, ergo sum actually translates into "I think, therefore I am." and is an argument used by Descartes as proof of existence and reality. So the usage here is kinda iffy, since a car cannot think in the way a person would.

But enough philosophy. :lol:

I voted Meh because I can't find any reason to vote one way or a other.

He can like other cars while being an enthusiast to one specific car. Nothing wrong with that.

Fair enough, but to find it cool as it wa sknown mostly in these games and the rice known is, a little silly...

Though I won't like, certain bodykit in the games worked well on it so, I'm not one to judge.

The facelifted version looks better in my opinion but it's still meh.

Ah the Underground/Underground 2 days. I remember this car being more of a sports sedan. But being that this attracts ricers, that brings it to a Meh rank.

Back