Engines:
3.0L V6
Power: 223 hp
Torque: 203 lb-ft.
Weight: 1364-1578 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual, 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, front wheel drive
Body Styles: 4-door saloon, 5-door hatchback, 5-door estate​

I like fast Fords, just not this one. It maybe a competent performer, but it's just as dull as ditchwater. Uncool.

A sporty family car that still left you with enough cash for the kids' Christmas presents. It's functional, it's fast, and it's sharp. Add all that with my Mondeo bias, and you've got a sub zero car. :D

I like this car but, the problem with trying to make a dull car (sorry Katie) fun isn't cool, uncool.

At least it looks somewhat sporty with that bumper and those rims. Decent engine. I'll give it a coolio.

The US version absolutely blows, can't say a lot about the Euro versions so I don't think it would be all that much better. Fortunately it looks better, so that bumps it up to a meh.

Brilliant to drive, and I'm really fond of them. Not sure if it's cool though, if only because the regular Mk 3 mondeo is still quite a regular sight.

...Ah screw it. Cool.

Looks kind of cool, but it's not going to grab my attention when it drives by. But, I do know they're pretty fast for a family car. Very low cool.

The US version absolutely blows, can't say a lot about the Euro versions so I don't think it would be all that much better. Fortunately it looks better, so that bumps it up to a meh.
There was NO US version of this body style. The Ford Five Hundred looked like this car but was a different platform/engines.

I can appreciate that it's a good car, and by most accounts it seems to be a decent drive. I even kinda dig the understated looks. But this thing wouldn't turn many heads among the vast majority of the public. To most, it's a fairly bland sedan. Uncool.

I've always thought this Mondeo was pretty much the ugliest of all... but that doesn't make it uncool. What makes it uncool for me is the man-down pub I met who had one that was convinced it was on par with an M5... :D

This generation Mondeo never came over the pond. Unless you count the X-Type.

I tried to get excited about this car, but fell asleep instead. It's a sporty version of an utterly, utterly everyday car. If the GTI can get compared to toast, this is an entire loaf.

Uncool.

Oops, you're right, I think it was the previous generation that came across the pond.

Last edited:

I tried to get excited about this car, but fell asleep instead. It's a sporty version of an utterly, utterly everyday car. If the GTI can get compared to toast, this is an entire loaf.

Uncool.
I owned one of these. It'd rip the tits off a Golf GTI and it sounds like half an Aston. Because it is.

I like it Very good looking car a fun to drive from what I heard. Shame we got a bloated boring sedan instead. It gets a low cool for me.

Last edited:
I don't care how fast it is, how good it drives, or how nice it sounds. Pull up in one of these and you look uncool. That bodykit and those wheels just scream uncool.

That makes literally 0 sense.

European Fords are generally typical, asinine, all-round, nice, good, average, jack-of-all-trades cars. That is, not cool. Dressing it up in a touring car bodykit (despite Ford Europe having already pulled out of all motorsport) doesn't hide the fact that it's a Mondeo; the safe, woolly jumper Mr. Rodgers of its class.

I can understand where @Danny is coming from on it; he's just put it in simple, blunt terms.

Ford Europe =/= Ford USA

I owned one of these. It'd rip the tits off a Golf GTI and it sounds like half an Aston. Because it is.

An mk IV GTI? I have no doubt. Though they weren't competitors, and being able to out-drag the worst GTI of all seven hardly makes the Mondeo cooler.

This is also half an Aston:

1999_ford_taurus_4_dr_se_sedan-pic-6468514350826357002.jpeg

I'm not sure any modern Fords - or at least, ones produced during the first half of the last decade - could truly be Cool, so it's not really this car's fault.

Back