GTP Cool Wall: 2002-2007 Toyota Caldina GT-Four, incl. N Edition (ST246)

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 38 comments

2002-2007 Toyota Caldina GT-Four, incl. N Edition (ST246)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wiegert

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
2002-2007 Toyota Caldina GT-Four, incl. N Edition (ST246) nominated by @Murcie_LP640

292-Caldina ST246 (2).JPG

Body Style: 5-door station wagon
Engine: 2.0L Toyota 3S-GTE turbocharged I4
Power: 256 hp
Torque: 239 lb-ft
Weight: 1480 kg (GT-Four), 1490 kg (N Edition)
Transmission: 5-speed Tiptronic automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engined, four wheel drive
Additional Information: After the demise of the Celica, the Caldina GT-Four was one of Toyota's sportiest models in Japan. It featured the engine from the Celica GT-Four - Toyota's venerable 3S-GTE 2.0L four, and Toyota's proprietary All-Trac 4WD system.
The Caldina was never officially imported from Japan but is a common grey import thanks to its capability and practicality. Late in its life there was a "N" edition as a tribute to Toyota's motorsports development guru and the father of the GT-Four - Hiromu Nasume. This featured a Torsen rear LSD, Recaro front seats and trimmings, a different suspension tune and a front upper strut bar, among other things as specified by Nasume.​

IMG_24411.jpg
autowp.ru_toyota_caldina_gt-four_3.jpeg
Toyota_Caldina_(third_generation)_(rear),_Kuala_Lumpur.jpg
Picture_010.jpg

Adding AWD and a turbo motor can't save this from the fact it's just a squashed MPV. Then adding the GT-Four name just kills it.

SU.

Last edited:
@dice1998 will remember a particularly speedy yellow one.

I've always liked the Caldina, but if someone saw it around here, they'd assume it was some sort of strange, early model of the Venza. It's a fairly anonymous-looking wagon. *shrug*

Uncool it is, then.

My God, what has this world become? A motoring mash-up of numbing anonymity. Never have the words 'spoiler' and 'additional pictures' been so well matched.

SU.

Next!

Beyond the sense of cataclysmic uncoolness I get whenever these come up and how much less hopeless-looking the equivalent Legacy was, I still can't help but smile knowing that it exists.

Meh-able without the tacked-on "aero" bits, SU because of them on this sort of car.

Loses some points due to the aero parts that don't belong on an MPV, but thankfully it doesn't go over-the-top like the Espace F1. Also GT4's IA-10, one of the rather boring tests in that game.

Uncool.

I voted cool. But I think this car is cool, although just a smidgen above meh.

Not really sure what to think about this car.

I mean, does it have decent performance? Yes.
Is it mind blowing? No.
If you drive by one on the road, would it look kind of ordinary? Yes.

I was expecting a tad more from the Caldina. If anything, I'd nickname this car the Celica Wagon.

Meh-tacular.

It has the GT-Four engine of the celica and that's about it. Shame the Celica didn't survive, had a good run in the past. Considerign it's memorability, the engine saved the Caldina from getting SU. If was somethign else, it would of been nothing but plain wagon.

Back