2002-2009 Hummer H2 nominated by @ThrasherDBS

12822_1024.jpg

Body Style:
4-door SUV
Engines: 6.0-6.2L V8
Power: 316-393 hp
Torque: 360-415 lb-ft
Weight: 2900-3000 kg
Transmission: 4-speed automatic (2002-2007), 6-speed automatic (2007-2009)
Drivetrain: Front-engine, four-wheel drive
Additional Information:
This was a more civilian-oriented Hummer introduced in 2002. It's slimmer and lighter than the Hummer H1 but was geared more towards the family SUV market, as opposed to an offroader. Rather infamous for it's gas mileage, cited anywhere from 9 to 12 miles per gallon.​

maxresdefault.jpg

d7aa870ed29e5af9a084fc63566c2296.jpg

X03HM_H217-copy.jpg

hummer-h2-interior-1.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

The HMMVW has done some great service for NATO and it's allies, but putting it on the road was the one of the worst ideas GM has ever had.

I mean...it's not the original and it's a horrible attempt at trying to be in any depth. So yeah it was a horrible idea, but let's not make a parallel, not even to the H1. This and the H3 for me are the easiest SU one can possibly offer me.

Would've been much better if these were built in the mid '90s. By 2007, gas was way too high for these to sell even remotely decently. It's vehicles like this that make the stereotypical Prius owner bang their head against the universe.

Something tells me, because this car got such low MPG ratings, ticks off "eco-hippies", and is powered by a massive V8, W&N would think this Bummer is cool.

Last edited:
SU. It was a big for nothing when I witnessed it being shown up off-road, to a stock XTerra, back in '04.

Makes the Vortec 8100 equipped Suburban 2500, and V10 equipped Excursion seem somewhat frugal, and sensible as a commuter car comparably.

SU.

GM was in prime position to take on Jeep when they bought Hummer in 1999. However instead of doing the most sensible thing they made the H2, an overweight pseudo-luxury SUV that didn't have much in the way of offroad capabilities.

Seriously Uncool.

I liked the Hummer H1. It seemed like a proper civilian version of the Humvee, though horrifically impractical on the road due to its size. There was a little bit of cool factor still.

The H2 and H3 are taking the concept way too far. If I could describe the Hummer H1 as a war hero coming back home after an honorable discharge, the H2 and H3 are the same war hero a few years later if he stopped exercising and made a habit of pounding down too much beer. They're Hummers for dudebros, soccer moms and hip-hop moguls. Or at least they were, back when they were new. I think their gas mileage and impracticality made their owners ditch them for less audacious and more economical vehicles. (Or at least the former.)

Seriously Uncool.

While it seems as a god awful dumb idea to actually build this thing, but I remember seeing them a lot, and that's here in the Netherlands, where a low gasprice still would make an American have a heart attack.

It looks like ****, probably drives as **** too. Therefore it must be ****.

Last edited:
If you asked a 7 year old to make their bestest truck out of Lego, they'd build something very similar to this.

For people with such a wide void in their lives they have to fill it with the most ridiculous vehicle they could find.

SU.

As ugly as it is, the interior is even worse.

The one positive thing is that I rarely see these any more. There's also some weird part of me that really wants to buy a cheap one and convert it to an electric vehicle, just to see the response. I think it'd be hilarious.

Can't vote anything other than SU.

Back