Engines:
7.5L V12 (Northstar XV12)
Power: 750 hp
Torque: 450 lb-ft.
Weight: 1500 kg
Transmission: 6-speed semi-automatic
Drivetrain: Mid engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe
Additional Info: "The Cien - Spanish for 100 - illustrates Cadillac's new design philosophy, melding design and technology in a mid-engine, two-seat sports car. In keeping with the brand's role as a technology flagship for General Motors, the premium V-12-powered Cadillac Cien concept car is a befitting icon to usher in the brand's 100th anniversary this year.

Trapezoidal air inlets are milled into the front-end surface graphically forming Cadillac's shield-like grille along with the centrally mounted badge. The bank of air inlets cools the front-mounted radiators, and is flanked on either side by vertical headlamps. Functional side air intake and exhaust vents lay flush with the surface of the car, opening up as required. Formal, directional sail panels, which appear to float above the surface, house air intakes for the V-12.

The body and chassis are made of carbon fiber composite that is lightweight and stiff. Cien is equipped with scissor-style doors that pivot at the base of the A-pillars upon opening.

Cadillac Cien's 7.5-liter, V-12 powerplant, which is visible through the car's rear window, is a new concept engine from GM Powertrain dubbed the Northstar XV12. The all-aluminum, double overhead cam (DOHC) four-valve V-12 engine generates 750 horsepower and 450 lb.-ft. of torque, yet it meets the packaging requirements and fuel economy standards of a V-8.

The Northstar XV12 concept engine features several technological advancements over today's V-8 engines, including: GM's Displacement on Demand technology, which allows the engine to run seamlessly on six cylinders at times to maximize fuel savings; direct injection gasoline combustion system for increased engine power, improved fuel economy and reduced emissions; and a combined starter generator for quicker, quieter starts."​
2002-cadillac-cien-concept-2.jpg

cadillac-cien-concept-02.jpg

Cadillac-Cien_Concept-2002-1600-1c.jpg

cadillac-cien-engine-view.jpg

Last edited:
Power: 560 hp
Torque: 450 lb-ft.
The all-aluminum, double overhead cam (DOHC) four-valve V-12 engine genwerates 750 horsepower and 450 lb.-ft. of torque​
Um...

I'm pretty sure it's 750 though. Still cool regardless.

I had never even heard of this car until GT Concept 2002.

Therefore Seriously Uncool.

Yes, it was an impressive concept for its time, and I really want to like it...but at the end of the day, it's still a Cadillac back when the only place they belonged in was south Florida.

Uncool.

It finally defied the stereotype attached to Cadillacs, and paving the way for the CTS in the process. And, to boot was absolutely killer in GT4. For that it's Sub Zero.

I liked it when it first showed up. I was a teenager. So, Seriously Uncool.
I liked it enough to watch a Michael Bay film it was in. So, Seriously Uncool.
I nearly dented the roof trying to take a picture of it from the second level of a GM display. So, I'm Seriously Uncool.

Um...

I'm pretty sure it's 750 though. Still cool regardless.

Rogue kW power figures. Fixed.

I liked it enough to watch a Michael Bay film it was in. So, Seriously Uncool.

For a forgettable pastiche, The Island wasn't all that bad for a Bay flick. Even the Cien chase scene was... Uh, brief and bereft of explosions?

Nothing especially uncool about this concept. But since it lacked a production run, it inevitably falls short of Meh.

Last edited:
Rogue kW power figures. Fixed.

For a forgettable pastiche, The Island wasn't all that bad for a Bay flick. Even the Cien chase scene was... Uh, brief and bereft of explosions?

Nothing especially uncool about this concept. But since it lacked a production run, it inevitably falls short of Meh.
Even if they only built a handful, I think it would have been cool if this car made it to production. Or at the least, the engine. Apparently, GM was actually working on a V12 (It would have been two 3.6 liter "High Feature" V6s joined together), but it got cancelled in '08.

I don't care for Art and Science. Looked great on concept cars, but every time they translated it into a production car it just didn't look quite finished. The current CTS is the first one that they've made it out with, but now they're pretending that is a different design theme so it's a wash.

The best part of that godawful Age Of Extinction movie was seeing this car in a few scenes.

Still Seriously Uncool because concept.

Meh.

Likes: That massive engine, radical styling and futuristic design for its day
Dislikes: Was never made into a production car

The legend goes that David Carradine wanted this car for his character of Bill in Tarantino's movies, but GM wanted way too much $$$ to hire it out, so they settled on a De Tomaso Mangusta instead. Anyway Cool from me, I love me some angles.

The legend goes that David Carradine wanted this car for his character of Bill in Tarantino's movies, but GM wanted way too much $$$ to hire it out, so they settled on a De Tomaso Mangusta instead. Anyway Cool from me, I love me some angles.
Erm...settled?

Back