GTP Cool Wall: 2003-2005 MG ZT-T 260

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 96 comments

2003-2005 MG ZT-T 260

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just a brief post script; I was looking up some stuff about this car and someone at MG modified/bored one to have a 6.0L naturally aspirated engine with 765hp. Codenamed X-15 it broke the speed record at Bonneville in 2003 for non-production estates and, obviously, estates of any kind at 225.6mph. And it still functioned as an estate. I wonder if that record still stands?

MG article from 2003

MD_Zeds_ZT_EX15_02.jpg

mg_zt-t_v8_bonneville_speed_week_record_car_1.jpg

http://www.scta-bni.org/Bonneville/Records/BNIrecs_cat_d.htm

According to SCTA that class record is now at 235.226 MPH set on Sept 2011. Not sure what kind of car set the new record.

I went with uncool based on what people said.

Though, I actually like the fact it's a wagon with a V8 that's normally in a Mustang GT. I actually sort of like this car in general. I now just want to imagine what this would be like if MG went full-terminator with this thing.

I went with uncool based on what people said.

Though, I actually like the fact it's a wagon with a V8 that's normally in a Mustang GT. I actually sort of like this car in general. I now just want to imagine what this would be like if MG went full-terminator with this thing.
If they did that then sign me the hell up.

@Legro
Oh yeah, that's awesome. It's a shame it didn't go into production though. Of course, anyone could probably just simply put a supercharger on the 260 and get similar power anyway.

Back