Drivetrain: Mid engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door targa​
800px-Maserati_MC12_1.jpg

7.jpg

915371.jpg

3.jpg

Maserati_MC12_rr_08.jpg

2005_maserati_mc12-pic-3966671527211618882.jpeg

Gaudy though it may be, it will still certainly catch someone's attention in a parking lot or on the highway.

Cool.

Modern supercar, so almost guarantees an automatic SU.

Add to that Maserati managed to make an Enzo bigger, heavier, less powerful and uglier solidifies the SU.

Add to that Maserati managed to make an Enzo bigger, heavier, less powerful and uglier solidifies the SU.

To be fair, the first two things are probably related - and the overhangs were increased compared to the Enzo for racing purposes - while the less powerful bit probably has to do with Ferrari having to be the top performer in the stable. Uglier? Personal opinion, I guess. I've always liked how the MC12 looks, at least in comparison to the brutalist Ferrari.

That said, I think the most striking car built on that chassis will always be the Birdcage 75th...

Maserati-Birdcage-75th-Concept-Car-2005-10BQL295712991AA.jpeg

:drool:

Modern supercar, so almost guarantees an automatic SU.

All of which could be attributed to Ferrari who wanted it neutered to stay off the heels of the Enzo. Maserati in turn, developed a better car on the track & a dominate race car in the end.

I always thought it was one of the uglier homologation specials born from GT racing. Though probably the most striking example one can realistically see on the road. I do love how the white on blue Camoradi colours look on this regardless.

Trumps the Enzo on the wall. But uncool.

Last edited:
Cooler than the car it's based on, but still a gaudy, shouty hypercar. There's more than a whiff of garage queen, too.

SU.

So much this.

I actually like the MC12, but in the end, it's an oil sheik's humidity-controlled-garaged toy.

And worse, it's a badge-job.

SU.

This screams "practicality my arse" but it's a Maserati. Derived from a racecar that sounds awesome. Cool

I love the way it looks and personally I prefer it to the Enzo but it's still Uncool.

I still have a model car of this. In true Maserati style the left rear wheel has fallen off and the engine cover sometimes doesn't close properly. I also appear to have lost the roof...which is fine. I didn't even know the thing was a targa until I got that model.

It's probably the second best I've ever had. So in that respect it was a surprisingly big part of my childhood. And so I'll go against some logic and give it a cool.

EDIT: The race car is definitely one of the most uncool cars ever though. It made GT1 a non-event after it became GT1 again.

A neutered Enzo coupled with being a not exactly pretty homologation of the race car.

Uncool.

A neutered Enzo coupled with being a not exactly pretty homologation of the race car.

Uncool.

Not really 'neutered' except the power as the MC12 is quicker than an Enzo on the track (and no I don't mean the TG track, although it is faster there as well)

Given that '60s/'70s/'80s homologation specials of successful race cars are the subbest of zeros, I think I'll feel the same about this in the future. At the moment, it's still just a little too shouty as all modern supercars are, so I can't vote any higher than uncool.

Back