Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
2004-2006 Pontiac GTO nominated by @ildd
20150207_115421-jpg.309949

Engines:
5.7L V8 (GM LS1), 6.0L V8 (GM LS2)
Power: LS1: 350 hp; LS2: 400 hp
Torque: LS1: 350 lb-ft.; LS2: 395 lb-ft.
Weight: 1690 kg
Transmission: 4-speed automatic, 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe
Additional Info: "Based off of the Holden Monaro, which the only real changes being the front end and fuel tank location. Also has IRS and often regarded as having the seats from a cloud."​
2004_Pontiac_GTO_2_--_02-26-2010.jpg

2004-Pontiac-GT0-Blue-Scenic-FA-1600x1200.jpg

5.jpg

10524-2006-Pontiac-GTO.jpg

2006_Pontiac_GTO.jpg

2006_Pontaic_GTO_coupe_04.jpg

42741259.jpg

400HP American Muscle car, quite fast for it's time, with the Camaro and Challenger not getting that much power until almost 5 years later. Mustang didn't get that kind of power until the Boss 302 if I recall correctly.

More underrated than the Monaro on which it's based, but as an old-school hoon-mobile, it gets a cool.

Pontiac front end does it no favours, but as a Monaro it's quite cool. Low cool.

Not as cool as the original Monaro, but it's much more a of a Q car compared to the HSV GTO coupe that shares the 400HP LS2.

Low cool.

It was a half-assed attempt at reviving the GTO. Very bland styling for a muscle car. But you can't ignore its performance.

Low cool.

Nice cars, love the 2 tone interiors. Although not sure they were deserving of the GTO name. Especially the 04's that lacked GTO styling traits like hood scoops and proper dual exhaust. (one pipe on each side)

Gets a cool though.

Although a lot of people give the '04 model some flak, I didn't mind its conservative looks and balanced performance. Its the '05 and '06 models that really turned things up, finally giving the platform an engine that could get the most performance out of it at the time. But, the car came at the end of Pontiac, and the end of the VZ - and slow sales of both it and the Monaro closed the door on a high performance coupe for quite some time.

Still cool, though.

"You paid how much for this Grand Am?"

It could definitely win a lot of races, based on putting the competition to sleep. Symbolizes all the half-assedness that GM was during those years. Uncool.

Very low Cool for being a Pontiac that spins the correct pair of wheels, and for annoying people with its relatively mature non-retro styling, despite how classic musclecars weren't necessarily that stylish in their own time. It was a great idea for the brand, but too late and not executed particularly well.

I mean, it's a GTO! Sure it's bland, but the hood scoops are awesome. Along with the interior. Cool.

I love these things, even though the looks are blah, it has all the power and comfort, it a real sleeper car and the price of one new was ridiculously cheap for what you got. Still only a low cool.

Back