• Poll closed .
United States
Wasilla, AK
2004-2009 Honda S2000 nominated by Murcie_LP640

1280px-HondaS2000-007.jpg

Stats:
Production: 2004-2009
Style: 2-door convertible
Engine: F20C 122 ci/1,997 cc naturally aspirated DOHC inline 4 (rated 237 HP & 153 lb-ft), F20C1 122 ci/1,997 cc naturally aspirated DOHC inline 4 (rated 247 HP & 161 lb-ft), F22C1 132 ci/2,157 cc naturally aspirated DOHC inline 4 (rated 237 HP & 162 lb-ft in USDM form and 239 HP & 163 lb-ft in JDM form)
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Layout: Front-mid-engine, Rear-drive​

The F20C1 engine is used in 2004-2005 non-USDM versions, while the F22C1 engine is used in USDM versions from 2004-2009 and all other versions from 2006-2009. The F20C may not have actually been used in this generation of the S2000, but was used in USDM versions of the previous generation. The codes F20C and F20C1 may also be mixed up, if the Wikipedia page on the Honda F20C engine is any indication, but I'm using the designations used in the nomination post.

Faster Miata. Cool.

Tougher to mod. Uncool.

Averages out to meh.

This one, the AP2 is the one that dropped from 8900 to 8000 RPM and the engine went from 2.0L to 2.2L. It's also another car from my youth that I adore (Damn you GT series!). I also only came with Honda's slick 6-speed and the sound it has is to die for when you rev to the redline. Some people will say "Nice Miata bro", but those people are jokers.

I give it Sub-Zero

V-TEC yo!

(Just waiting until my C7 gets posted.)

Last edited:
So, did it come with that safety hook or it's just the picture? :D

While I'm no V-TEC enthusiast, this is a solid cool, because you don't go wrong when you're getting last decade's version of an 86 GT: budget sports machine. I'm not inclined enough to give it Sub-Zero (Gave one to an old arse 2 door van).

If it's coming back, i just hope Honda isn't going to do an NSX concept and give it some sort of Hybrid drive and solar roof knick knack.

Another car ruined by the yahoos of the Fast & Furious brigade. The "VTEC just kicked in, yo" jokes are as old and as annoying as the 2.2 Camry jokes.

Seriously Uncool.

So, did it come with that safety hook or it's just the picture? :D

I bet the owner of that particular one gets stuck too often, so they had a tow hook installed, or they are a poser.

This one, the AP2 is the one that dropped from 9000 to 8800 RPM and the engine went from 2.0L to 2.2L. It's also another car from my youth that I adore (Damn you GT series!). I also only came with Honda's slick 6-speed and the sound it has is to die for when you rev to the redline. Some people will say "Nice Miata bro", but those people are jokers.

I give it Sub-Zero

V-TEC yo!

(Just waiting until my C7 gets posted.)

Fixed that for you. ;)

I voted Sub-Zero seeing as its one of my all-time favorite cars. And I plan on buying one in the next few years.

The redline for the AP2 was 8000 RPM, with the limiter at 8300.

And yes, the engine is 2.2L, my brain derped.

Still slightly annoyed the Japanese version were slightly more powerful though...

It's fanboy pumped, but rightfully so. Mid 200hp, lightweight, 50/50 weight distribution. As long as your not trying to compare it to super cars, but rather cars in its actual class, I would say its a bit above average.

Loved the minor style changes on the ap2, but miss the 9k redline from the ap1. I would say cool, but it being a convertible brings it down for me. Luckily there are aftermarket hardtops lying around.

This car is one that I personally love. I've always wanted to own one, and I think it's one of the best simple sports cars made in the last 20 years, in the same vein as the MX-5 and GT86/BRZ. But of those three, the S2000 strikes me as the raciest, the fastest, and the purest when it comes to speed. And it looks great inside and out, too. Sub Zero from me, though I doubt many will agree.

A solid cool. It's never particularly appealed to me personally, but it's a relatively attractive, not-overstyled sports car and as such draws the right impressions from passers-by.

Seriously Uncool for the following reasons:

1. The Fast & Furious crowd.

2. At least around here, this car seemed to spark the whole "Ermagherd! Hersepower per liter!" thing.

3. Not a fan of high-winding, torque-less engines.

Cool.

Too expensive for most of the FnF crowd when it was new, and too tricky to drive for them now that it's secondhand and cheap.

Granted, some of them do get... how do the kids call it? "stanced", but it's not as desirable to those yobos as, say, an Eclipse or a Supra.

A bit of a handful to drive fast, lots of character, loud, uncomfortable and...

...best of all...

the 2004 is the 2.2. Which pisses the hell out of the purists.

That alone would make it cool, in my book. :D

The RPM makes it cool. It's good-looking as well. There's hardly any cons to this car.

The car that lipstick MX-5 owners move to. Comes in two forms only:

Those with S200/S200O personalised plates = Seriously uncool
Those without them = Merely uncool

Never did anything for me. I prefer the MX-5 over this car.
I don't give a rats ass about the F&F crowd and what they did.

Meh.

These are starting to become a rare sight now. Can't remember the last time I saw one. One that's left bone stock is cool.
One that isn't is uncool, therefore we'll meet in the middle. Meh.

Cool. If it were offered with a hardtop or actual coupe version, it would be sub zero.

Very cool car, that sadly the local OMG stanced crowd has taken over as the stanced flagship.

I am on the fence between subzero and cool.

I will vote Cool

Solid sports car. Gutsy motor. More appealing to me than an MX-5 as far as Japanese sports cars go. Easily cool.

I'm gonna go with cool. Maybe it has a different following up here but I've never seen a Fast and Furious inspired S2000 in real life.

Likewise. Unmolested S2000's are relatively common here these days, though not really as widespread as its class competitors. Hardtop conversions are the only mods I've seen outside of F&F and NFS.

Cool. If it were offered with a hardtop or actual coupe version, it would be sub zero.

While it was a rather expensive option, there was an optional hardtop available for the S2K.

I for one actually prefer the soft top, roof down of course, over the hardtop. The S2000 has never really been much of a blip on my radar until recently; I'm still contemplating getting one....although I'm still contemplating getting a lot of things ;)

While some may say the styling is bland I prefer to think of it as understated in the AP1 era and pretty much perfect in the AP2. And this is pretty much one of the best quality sports cars in terms of general build and reliability. And having driven one it is pretty much the 86 with the single missing ingredient of a little more poke.

It's a very cool car. Sub-Zero even.

Back