Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
2004-2011 Bristol Fighter nominated by @Katiegan
BristolFighter21197406004.jpg

Engines:
8.0L V10 (Chrysler Viper)
Power: Fighter: 525 hp; Fighter S: 628 hp; Fighter T: 1012 hp
Torque: Fighter: 525 lb-ft.; Fighter S: 580 lb-ft.; Fighter T: 1036 lb-ft.
Weight: 1600 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual, 4-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe
Additional Info: "The car was designed by former F1 engineer Max Boxstrom, and was produced by Bristol Cars from 2004 until 2011. The engine is the same V10 used in the Viper and Ram SRT-10, although slightly modified by Bristol. The Fighter T was introduced in 2006, featuring the same Chrysler V10 but this time turbocharged. Looks might not be on its side, but when the Fighter T first went into production it was more powerful than a Bugatti Veyron. It is claimed only around 13 Fighters were ever made, making it one of the rarest production cars in existence."​
Bristol-Fighter-T-3-4-avant-portes-ouvertes.jpg

Bristol-Fighter-T-orange-3-4-arriere_zoom.jpg

Bristol-Fighter_T_mp268_pic_46078.jpg

777-ru-2007-bristol-fighter-t-6.jpg

BRISTOL-Fighter-T-1761_8.jpg

Fighter-interior.jpg

I was intrigued with the fact you can get one with 1,012hp but, I doubt it would handle well with all that power and it's ugly, seriously uncool.

It retained some of the usual Bristol quirks and that air of idiosyncrasy which makes them one of my all time favourite marques. But with none of the class that makes most older Bristol cars so damn charming. Even the no 🤬 given 603 that looked like it fell into Vauxhall's parts bin.

Uncool.

Viper V10 making a ton of power is cool, but it doesn't look anywhere near as good as a Viper.

Balances out to a Meh.

The name alone makes it cool. Doesn't look to shabby, and it must be hilarious to drive with that fatty V10 on the inside.

Cool.

This term has come up a lot in the last few days but, uh... vapourware alert.

Bristol claimed that the car was capable of more than 270 mph (430 km/h); however it was be electronically limited to a "more than adequate" 225 mph (362 km/h). When the Fighter T went into production, it was more powerful than the Bugatti Veyron, which was advertised as having 1,001 PS (736 kW; 987 bhp), but still less powerful than the SSC Ultimate Aero TT.

The Bristol Cars website now admits that in fact, no Bristol Fighter T's [sic] were ever produced

Additional Link

Not once there has ever been a cool car with gullwing doors. They're nice if you're a petrolhead, but they'll also make the owner anyone who uses them look like a 🤬 when getting in or out of a car.

This is a bit Meh, as are most Bristols, but I'll give it a very low cool just for the effort involved in producing something like this on such low production numbers.

But the 406 and the 1956 405 are sublime :drool:

800px-1956_Bristol_405_Drop_Head_Coupe.jpg

Rear looks like classic Zagato, but the front is kind of a mess. V10s are cool.

I'm kinda torn, it isn't cool or uncool. Meh.

This was a really unexpected move by the uber-traditionalist Bristol, but in a way also typical of the contrary so-and-so's. There is one around my way which turns up at a local kinda cars and coffee thing sometimes (in orange per the OP) and it is pretty damn impressive. Would love it if one of the wealthy owners of a "T" let a motoring magazine or channel really put it through its paces.

Weird, stylish, unique, very fast, luxurious and straight-up Cool.

EDIT: Rats, just read the above post about the T.

The gullwing doors actually look cool with this car.

Cool.

Seriously Uncool. Manages to be heavier than the car where it got the motor from. And 4-speed auto?!

Looks like a hodge-podge of kit car parts stuck together into an ungainly shape.

Also a 270mph claimed top speed for the T? Yeah right.
giphy.gif

Uncool.

I don't know if I can believe a car looking like that can carry 1000 horsepower. It's more like "Brittle" than Bristol if you ask me..

This gets a Uncool because it was another one of those cars claiming to beat the Veyron. But I think in the end, even SSC achieved more with the Aero in its claims than this did.

Again with the gullwings, I really like the look of them on the car
But the headlights just don't do it for me and ruin the front of the car
Meh

Sub zero. It's gorgeous, and has the aluminum-intensive construction similar to when they made aircraft. It's hard to get more individual than this.

Back