Covini-C6W_Spider_2006_photo_06.jpg

Engines: 4.2L V8
Power: 434 hp
Torque: 350 lb-ft.
Weight: 1150 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Mid engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe, 2-door convertible
Additional Info: "Inspired by the Tyrrell P34. The project was started in 1974, but abandoned in the 80s due to a lack of low profile tires. In 2003, the project was revived, and in 2004 the C6W prototype was shown. In 2005, a slightly revised version debuted at the Geneva Motor Show, going into a limited production of 6-8 per year. The V8 motor is built by Audi, and the car has a top speed of 186 MPH"​

Oh. My. God. Down to the deepest pits of hell. 6 wheels does not work here. Sure, it sorta worked with the P34, but this? Makes the car look impossibly ugly. Rear headlamps are awful, you'll be insulted by anyone you see when driving this thing, and the fact they made it almost 30 years after the P34 raced makes this seriously uncool. The only thing not uncool about this is the interior.

Seriously uncool. Can you imagine how dorky the person must be that has to explain why they bought a car with 6 tires?

Pulling up in one of these you will look like an idiot. Not any specific type of idiot, just an idiot.

Looking like an idiot is seriously uncool.

They do know that the P34 didn't work out all that well... right? Also, the doors have to open upwards, right? I can't see them clearing the tire with that awful design.

Seriously uncool.

This thing was vaporware for the longest of times and should have stayed that way.

SU.

Ok, so the Covini is a proof of concept, right? Is it a proof of a working concept?

Er, sorry but that would be a resounding N-O-P-E.

The Tyrell P34 only lasted enough for Jody Scheckter to call it garbage, despite him winning a race in one. I cannot even begin to imagine his opinion on one of this... :lol:

But I can imagine mine. This car is terrible, it's a concept that no one asked for, and yet somehow there are people that own this? I hope they like staring, because the car will give them plenty of that. Seriously Uncool!

The first time I saw a picture of this car, I thought it looked like a photoshopped thing. Seriously uncool.

Also, it would look a lot better if they kept the overall styling but made it four-wheeled instead of six.

Last edited:
The problem with the Tyrell was always tires. No tire manufacturer was ever going to give it the level of support they gave four wheeled competitors, because it didn't share front tire sizes with anyone else. Thus, it WAS crap but only because it never got competitive tires. The concept itself did have its merits.

Also, as with other unusual cars (like the Carver One), you would never have to explain why you bought one of these. The gawping onlookers and people coming up for photo ops would be explanation enough.

Still... It's still a rich man's toy. And the styling is so-so. Meh... Be cooler if it was the Panther 6.

When I was a kid I used to "design cars". Looking at this, I'm 99.9% sure they've stolen one of my sketches and added two front wheels.

Anyway, I like the idiocy of this thing, so I'm going with cool (big woop, you wanna fight about it?!)

The only car I'd have 6 wheels on is this...

merceds-g63-amg-6x6.jpg

... which might not be any cooler, but certainly isn't as stupid looking!

The Covini is Uncool, not by virtue of its 6 wheels, mostly because the rest of the car still looks like a rubbish 80's kit car super car made in a barn, and the interior looks like it was made from stuff you could pick up at your local hiome DIY store.

Back