3.2L Supercharged V6 (Mercedes M112)
Power: 330 hp
Torque: 310 lb-ft.
Weight: 1460-1500 kg
Transmission: 5-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door coupe, 2-door convertible​
06crossfire-srt6-coupe-07.jpg

112_0408_Exclusive_First_Test_2005_Chrysler_Crossfire_SRT6_04z%2B2005_Chrysler_Crossfire_SRT6%2BOverhead_Rear_Passenger_Side_View.jpg

2006_chrysler_crossfire_srt-6_srt-6_roadster-pic-9690.jpeg

112_0408_Exclusive_First_Test_2005_Chrysler_Crossfire_SRT6_05z%2B2005_Chrysler_Crossfire_SRT6%2BInterior_view_View.jpg

This car has some appeal, and is Mercedes powered, which is great.

Just nit picking on how it's automatic and how it's 1.5 tons.

The Crossfire in general gets a bad rap. I don't think it's quite as bad as it was made out to be but that's also not saying it's a perfect car.

However. However. It's certainly not a cool car and this SRT6 borders on the seriously so. You take a vanity spoiler, the greatest aesthetic addition to a car possible, and ruin it. The car looks awful in this guise.

Uncool

Ugly and based on an old chassis that formed the basis of one of Merc's worst cars. SU.

Seriously Uncool. Overweight, automatic and ugly to boot. SLK over this any day.

I don't mind it.

Same engine as the C32/SLK 32 AMG, but somehow the American's coaxed less power from it.

I quite like the looks, but having mid/early 2000's MB mechanicals is a major strike against it.

Equals out to a Meh.

Low cool from me.

Getting a rarer sight on the roads now, I don't think I've actually ever seen an SRT6 either.
It's SLK cousin is still a relatively common sight still so having the rarer option makes it stand out.

Not a great car, but rather a decent looking one too.

I understand these things are pretty rare?
More common than the SLK32s in the US (about 2400 total units)

I love these things. I don't think they're ugly, and when they first came out when I was a kid I liked them. But it has early 2000s Chrysler quality, not Mercedes, despite being the same chassis, engine and interior design. It still bothers me the convertibles are soft top.
From what I understand the power went down in an effort to make the car more reliable.
I can't give it a cool... but I want to so bad :lol:

I've never seen one of these in the wild before; partly because I don't like the Crossfire, and partly because I don't look for them anymore.

Uncool.

This car has some appeal, and is Mercedes powered, which is great.

Just nit picking on how it's automatic and how it's 1.5 tons.
The transmission is pretty funky too. The first two gears are rather jerky but 3-5 are very smooth. The shifting quickness is pretty unreal for what it is. The trans was designed in ~2000 and is quicker than a lot of sport autos now (excluding dual clutches)

Looks like a dog taking a dump. Not helped by the Merc mechanicals.

Uncool.

As much as I don't mind the regular Crossfire, this really typified what has always been an uncool automotive venture. The more common (in the UK) SLK32 precursor may suffer from the same internal issues, but at least you get a more generous helping of grunt without crude styling adjustments.

Last edited:
Bit of a soft spot for these, and nominated the Crossfire in the "guilty pleasures" thread.

Cool though? Nope.

Back