Engines:
5.4L V8
Power: 360-365 hp
Torque: 376 lb-ft.
Weight: 1560 kg
Transmission: 5-speed shiftable automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 4-door sedan​
Also, head on over to either the Results or the Nominations thread to read about the Thanksgiving Special, which will be going on shortly.

Last edited:
The boring days of Mercedes.

Aside from the SL that was premium in GT5/6, that is, because that's one of my favorites.

Very solid cool. It's funny people point out the "blandness" because that's one of the reason why I love the early 2000's AMG's. They're not overly styled and make for great sleepers. Personally I find the design elegant, not bland, and with a 355hp 5.4L V8... pretty damn fun. It's a shame they never had the supercharged '55' version that bumped it up to 470-500HP though, and another thing I don't particularly like about it is the fact they had to do a front end swap (had to put the CLK front end on) just to fit the V8 in there nice and snug.
Also, the wagon as an idea is great, but I don't like them too much. Unless...
Black-Smoke-Racing-Mercedes-PMcG-37.jpg

Like it in principle.... but in practice I prefer the C's before and after it... even if I don't know what AMG offerings were made in each respective generation.

Also... not an M3 ;)

M'eh.

Uncool. It comes across as someone who bought a generic sports sedan without ever considering style.

The original C-Class AMG was pretty cool. The outgoing C-Class AMG was pretty cool.

This one isn't, and the only two cars that wore that Taurus-esque corporate face well were the W211 and the R230.

I blame MTV Cribs for not liking this car. At the time of it's release, every rapper, movie star, sports star and rich person with no imagination would show off "the Benz" on the show, so I got tired of every mid-2000s Merc AMG very quickly.

I prefer the W202 AMG. This one is uncool.

Mid-00s fleet manager's Merc that just happened to have a V8. And it isn't a W211.

Uncool.

Last edited:
I like the idea of a big engine in an innocuous looking body. But it's still meh. Estate would be cooler.

Sleepers can be cool. But this isn't one of those times. This generation of C looked dated when it was new. Uncool.

It's a bit like taking two doses of Nytol at once because you're feeling risky. It's so uninspiring. Uncool.

I like the car, but it just isn't cool. It's way too bland for what it is. Mercedes took the sleeper thing a bit too far.

Latest Posts

Back