Transmission: 6-speed automatic / manual
Drivetrain: Front-engine, front-wheel drive​

citroen-c6_red_8.jpg
citroenc6review1.jpg
car_photo_529399.jpg
citroen-c6_key_2.jpg
citroen-c6-2.7-hdi-at--2004-21573-2.jpg
citroen-c6-22_key_0.jpg

Sub-Zero. To me it oozes cool in a really classy way. It's classic French barge, something Citroen (and Peugeot tbf) have always been good at, with examples being stuff like the SM, the XM and of course the classic DS.

It had awesome levels of comfort like most Citroen's do thanks to the awesome hydropneamatic suspension, only thing it lacked was some of the quirky-ness of older big Citroen's, but it did have double glazing and that concave rear window :lol:.

The businessmen who own these keep blindfolds in their glove boxes so they can exit and get to a safe distance without looking at it. Nearly makes it impossible to get back in the car though. So with that fun fact, it's an uncool besides the interior.

I don't mind the rear, although it does make it look like an elongated A2. Nevertheless, it's a Citroen, which to me are sub-zero because they're "everyday" vehicles that weren't sold here.

Sub Zero, brings Rolls Royce ride quality to a segment that is filled with German cars that ride like there is no suspension.

The car can literally have a shot tyre and you wouldn't notice:

Last edited:
Can't think of a better car to be making constant long motorway commutes in. I'll have mine as an auto 3.0 HDi in black with the cream interior please. Low cool.

Saw some just last week, and they do indeed look better in person. Somewhat surprisingly, one of the cars I never actually saw dented in Paris, which is saying a lot.

Cool.

They definitely look far better in the flesh, and I have to say I do quite like them. Not cool though; give it another ten years.

Based heavily on a "so-90s-you-could-pin-point-the-exact-year" concept, you'd think the production version wouldn't look anywhere near as brand new today as it did in 2005.

In actual fact it looks fresher than a lot of the stuff that's come out so far this decade. Cutting edge styling without so much finicky nonsense. It just works.

Cool.

Wasn't this the French Presidents car?

Still is, albeit a later model in a different colour. I think Chirac got his before they even hit the showrooms.

I saw the Lineage concept at the British motor show in either '99 or 2000 and it translated pretty well to production. The shame is, the production details were so generic, such as the lower intakes. If it had this shape with current premium style detail, it could look fantastic.

Huh. I think it's neither hideous nor stunning, but it is definitely a product of the decade, looking more like a concept car than a finished "real" car.

Latest Posts

Back