Transmission: 5-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, four wheel drive​

honda-ridgeline-3.jpg

50270be70a0d028a013d72543a3c6369.jpg

honda-ridgeline-2015-models-203616.jpg

2014-Honda-Ridgeline-RTL.jpg

honda-ridgeline-interior.jpg

2014-Honda-Ridgeline-RTL-front-interior.jpg

Meh. I've heard it's a good truck. But the unibody design never appealed to me.

Uncool. Not what my image of Honda is.

That image isn't riced-up Civics and the like. It's affordable hot-hatches and family sedans. And the NSX, old and new.

It was never really a competitor or a threat to anything already on the market. And really, it had some of the magic Honda cleverness like the Element, but was never fully baked I don't think even before Honda basically stopped doing anything to it even after the "real" trucks started attempting to horn in on the "car like" thing.

But truck guys instantly and viciously hated it as soon as it was announced, so that bumps it up to at least an uncool.

The most versatile vehicle I've ever owned, I couldn't stand them when they first came out but in 2009 we got a good deal on a used one. A Very nice driving vehicle, ride is very similar to the Accord we traded it in on a couple years later. The 2 way tailgate and in-bed truck were a great features too. Was a pig on gas though...about the same mileage as a 5.3l full sized GM truck.

Not quite cool though....Meh.

I always saw these more as a Chevrolet Avalanche or Explorer Sport Track competitor. I never really liked them, but then again they are not offensive either. Uncool, but extra points for being unique in a genre that highly frowns upon that sort of thing. Brings it up to Meh.

It's kinda like a non-hatchback large SUV. Uncool because it can't decide whether to be a SUV or a truck.

One of those cars that was a better idea on paper. In reality it is an Odyssey/Pilot with an open cargo area, a fwd based awd system, and a barely adequate V6 that gets the same mpg as a V8 fullsize.

SU.

I wonder why Honda feels the need to try this again. Crossovers sell because people like being up high with a car-like feel. Pickup buyers want power and capability first, comfort second. Sure they like leather lol. But the power and towing numbers are what most buyers mull over. That and brand preference lol.

It's actually pretty capable for a mid sized truck, tows 5000 lbs, has a rear diff lock that locks solid, (don't try turning on pavement with it locked) and capable of sending 70% power to rear wheels hen needed. The biggest issue is poor ground clearance and lack of suspension articulation. As for the unibody aspect, technically it is a unibody due the the frame being welded to the body directly...the body is not suspended on rubberized mounts. It's very stiff and the vehicle feels much more solid or bricklike than a traditional truck.. Drive a Colorado/Canyon or even a full size Silverado after driving a Ridgeline, they feel awful. The only relation to an Odyssey is that is rolls off the same assembly line after they retool. It probably has one of the strongest tailgates too, dynamic weight rating is 300 lbs,

image.jpeg

About as self-consciously "different" as one can get when it comes to vehicles. The truck equivalent to the girl you meet on a date that can only describe herself as "random". She's, like, totally unique.
And really into Japanese culture.

The only thing that bothers me about the Ridgeline is the fact that it's a unibody.

Meh.

When this first came out I hated it, but now that I have a few more years under my belt and have lost most of the blind hate for certain vehicles, I actually don't mind it. It's an interesting concept but I don't think it's all that cool.

I used to think these were stupid.

Now I'm a (little) older, I at least see the point and can appreciate it.

However I can't find anything redeemingly cool about it. It's a Honda pickup truck, that's about it.

Not the worst looking truck, but not the best either.

Uncool.

It look like a Honda Element which is good. But is a pick up truck, which is a tool, tools aren't cool, so, uncool, I guess

4500lbs of pointless.

I'm sure it technically does everything the 3 people who own one bought it for, but there's little to no gain versus a regular "big" truck, with considerable tradeoff. It's no better on fuel (okay, it's better than a crew cab with the optional big motor but only by ~10%), doesn't tow as well, doesn't haul as well, and takes up only very slightly less space on the road than its contemporary full sizers.

Nobody looks at a truck and thinks "Cooool" unless it's modified, classic, or factory high performance. This is none of those and a failure at being a truck on top of it. Seriously uncool.

Meh. Wouldn't surprise me. Doesn't have a manual option; all other midsize trucks here do. Somewhat interesting but not cool. Still better than other cars though.

So essentially it's a pickup that doesn't handle sloppy and ride as uncomfortable as one.

It makes sense, but i got a feeling Honda made this to cater for people who drive pickups but don't use them as such.

and that is Uncool.

Uncool, I like the idea behind it, but it is horrendous and hasn't aged well.

I wonder why Honda feels the need to try this again.

Because the market is seemingly interested in mid-size trucks now. The new one is much more truck like than this one so it may have more success.

Meh. Wouldn't surprise me. Doesn't have a manual option; all other midsize trucks here do. Somewhat interesting but not cool. Still better than other cars though.

Mid-sized trucks only have certain configuration in which you can buy them with a manual, and they are typically the base model and I believe in some cases only in 2WD. The 4x4 market, especially with offroaders, have moved to automatics since they tend to work better offroad in most situations.

The Ridgeline probably has zero demand for a manual and I can understand why Honda wouldn't spend the money to develop it.

So essentially it's a pickup that doesn't handle sloppy and ride as uncomfortable as one.

It makes sense, but i got a feeling Honda made this to cater for people who drive pickups but don't use them as such.

and that is Uncool.

It's made for people that think they need/want a truck but don't want the harsh ride of something that's body on frame and has two separate body pieces.

Mid-sized trucks only have certain configuration in which you can buy them with a manual, and they are typically the base model and I believe in some cases only in 2WD. The 4x4 market, especially with offroaders, have moved to automatics since they tend to work better offroad in most situations.

The Ridgeline probably has zero demand for a manual and I can understand why Honda wouldn't spend the money to develop it.

It's made for people that think they need/want a truck but don't want the harsh ride of something that's body on frame and has two separate body pieces.
Not having a manual would stop me from buying it over another midsize. So there's something going. If nobody bought manual trucks there wouldn't be manual trucks.

Back