2005+ BYD F3 nominated by @ToyGTone
byd.JPG

Engines:
1.5L I4 (Mitsubishi 4G15S)
Power: 100 hp
Torque: 106 lb-ft.
Weight: 1200 kg
Transmission: 5-speed manual, 4-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front engine, front wheel drive (most likely)
Body Styles: 4-door sedan​

So is this like a Chinese Corolla? Seriously uncool because it's just basic transport, used to move people cheaply, not emotions.

If it wasn't Chinese it would have been meh.

But it's Chinese, so death trap, unreliable, poorly build etc etc will be synonymous with this.

Seriously uncool!

Oh hey, it's a cheap as chips, poor man's Corolla! Unfortunately, it's a Chinese Corolla, and you what that will mean. Poor quality, unoriginal design, and dull driving behaviour.

In fact, it's so dull it becomes Seriously Uncool. If it was a better car, then perhaps I'd only give it a Uncool. But there is no chance of that happening with a BYD...

I genuinely didn't know what it was when I read the thread's title. I clicked on it, laughed, commented this, voted, and left to never be seen again here.

I don't get why a car like this is considered uncool. It doesn't aspire or pretend to be anything. It doesn't even look bad. It's just a car.

I don't get why a car like this is considered uncool. It doesn't aspire or pretend to be anything. It doesn't even look bad. It's just a car.

BYD has flaws in crash test
Updated: 2011-09-16 14:14
By Yin Mingzhe (chinadaily.com.cn)
icons_comment1.gif
分享按钮 0

F3 model cars made by BYD Auto Co Ltd (BYD) received a score of zero in two crash tests, according to data from China-New Car Assessment Program (C-NCAP), Shanghai-based National Business Daily (NBD) reported Thursday.

A test of the upper-legs protection during front impact got a zero rating out of a maximum score of 2, while chest protection during the side impact test also received a score of zero.

C-NCAP gave the BYD car an overall rating of 3 stars, ranking it seventh out of more than 20 type-A passenger vehicles sold in the Chinese auto market.

Chongqing Lifan Auto 520 was the only other car that received a zero in upper-legs protection while eight autos failed the chest protection test, according to NBD.

An industry analyst said that several Chinese auto brands have flaws in their safety configuration, technology and consistency of products, which may have caused the low rating in the crash test.

Recently, BYD F3 cars were found to have airbags that failed to automatically open during crashes. In several cases the defect caused severe injuries and even death, NBD reported.

That's why.

@Dennisch -- Yeah, those Chinese manufacturers are pretty apathetic about it, as I understand it. That "we don't give a 🤬" attitude is actually cool.

@Dennisch -- Yeah, those Chinese manufacturers are pretty apathetic about it, as I understand it. That "we don't give a 🤬" attitude is actually cool.

It's a conspiracy by the Chinese government because their one child policy is failing.

Back