Power output: 605 hp
Torque: 501 ft-lbs
Weight: 1769 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear wheel drive​

Ford-Shelby_GR1_Concept-2005-1024-05.jpg
Ford-Shelby_GR1_Concept-2005-1024-0e.jpg
Ford-Shelby_GR1_Concept-2005-1024-11.jpg

While the V10 it has is pretty sweet, the car itself certainly isn't a looker, and, it's concept.

Uncool.

I think the only winner back in the day was the company that made those wheels, they seemed to end up on every thing Ford/Shelby related. Must of been a great time to a be alive for them. Other than that this has to be the best attempt at a Shelby Daytona china has ever had, oh wait it wasn't done in China, well then...

One of my favorite concept cars other than the GT90. Subzero.

Didn't realize how heavy it was though... 1769 kg?

My take on this car? Cool. Because this should have replaced the GT by the time it stopped production. A little improvement for the weight will make it a bit better.

Supposed to be a new Shelby Cobra Daytona, was never finished. But it does look decent enough for me and seen it as a skin for Trackmania and also, TDU. Not a fave.

It's a meh.

There's something about the front bumper gap where it meets the hood, lights, and down that I don't like. Maybe in a different color than that silver chrome it would look okay. I love the back though. Overall it has a nice shape to it. Cool.

Uncool.

Erm... umm... Modern day interpretation of the Daytona?

No. Just no.

The V10 is the only thing that saves it from being an SU, so it's just an uncool. Would ANYONE be impressed if you said you had a million bucks and you spent it all on a GR1?

Probably not, but... I don't know.

Attempts to pose as a Cobra and does it badly.
I don't think so.....
images

Now this is the one that Ford Shelby was attempting to recreate the Cobra. The GR-1 I believe was supposed to replace the GT by the time it went out of production.

I have a Hot Wheels version if this, other than that I never really cared for it.

Uncool.

Attempts to pose as a Cobra and does it badly.

Cobra?
I don't think so.....
images

Now this is the one that Ford Shelby was attempting to recreate the Cobra. The GR-1 I believe was supposed to replace the GT by the time it went out of production.

No the GR-1 was a Daytona retro, just like the Shelby was a Cobra retro, and the Mustang at that time was a retro, and the GT was a retro...

It was Ford with Shelby help and the defunct Ford Performance division that escapes my memory, that was their thing back in the day and others jumped on it after initial success. But those two (Shelby, GR-1) probably were never going to make production.

I would give this a Seriously Uncool, because concept, but it does a good job at updating the looks of the Daytona Coupe and it has plenty of power to back it up. The only concepts that get a pass from me are this, the Mazda RX500, the Volkswagen W12, and the Dodge Viper GTS-R. Who cares if isn't functional? I give it a Cool.

They went with making an awkward looking "retro" car instead of an actual successor the probably would've looked better. Uncool.

Other than being a concept car, this is SU due to Ford having almost nothing to do with the original Daytona Coupe, other than supplying an engine.

Back