Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front engine, four wheel drive
Body Styles: 4-door sedan
Additional Info: "The Impreza/Evo for the discerning man."​
Mazda_Speed_6.jpg

mazdaspeed6.jpg

MazdaSpeed6.jpg

2006-Mazdaspeed-6-Interior.jpg

It's certainly more interesting than a Mondeo ST220 and should cover B-roads at a hectic pace. Shame it looks so dull.

Meh.

Always considered this being an Evo/Impreza underdog... and who doesn't love an underdog? Cool, but a quite low one.

Wow, is this car getting a lot of meh's... :lol: I guess the problem lies within the design of the car, because the rest is pretty cool material. 4WD, 260 hp, six-speed manual transmission. But the design really leaves much to be desired, could use some more purpose.

Gave it a cool. Buddy of mine had one and it was such a fun car to drive; very under appreciated. Traded it on something much faster but I know he still misses it.

I like Mazdaspeed, and sleepers. Not cool in the popular sense, I'll grant, but I get excited when I see one (which is rarely) so cool for me.

I quite liked this when it came out, but it has dated pretty quickly. It's not cool though, it doesn't have any character, and you know 'man down pub with a Mazdaspeed6' is going to be convinced it's the fastest car ever to put rubber to tarmac.

Prefer the name 6 MPS, and I prefer the BK 3 MPS.

Understated, surprisingly brisk and good handling, but a bit on the heavy side and ultimately it wasn't quite as good as the hot Libertys were.

Unfortunately with the popularity of the Mazda brand, these would fit in with the norm just a little too well.

Meh.

I like it. I love cars that look like normal saloons but go as fast as most sports cars. Cool.

I have actually never seen the 6 as particularly bland or discreet.

The Speed however... eh...

Too big, too powerful and too flashy to actually be a sleeper. Maybe you can convince people you're only driving the V6... not.

Doesn't really do it for me... though the car is fantastic to drive, I don't think the styling has aged all that well.

I have actually never seen the 6 as particularly bland or discreet.

The Speed however... eh...

Too big, too powerful and too flashy to actually be a sleeper. Maybe you can convince people you're only driving the V6... not.

Doesn't really do it for me... though the car is fantastic to drive, I don't think the styling has aged all that well.
To me it doesn't look that much different from a standard Mazda 6, even though it has 260HP. I just love performance saloons and estates that look close to a cpmmon car, like the M5, RS6, C63, etc.

Back